Chapter 6

It was the last day in Toronto and Derrin and I were packing and getting ready to check out of the room. Me and Derrin had a good time especially after I found out he's working for Prince.

  "So are you excited to go to Minnesota?" I asked him while he was in the bathroom packing his beauty products. Derrin loved his colognes and his facial cleansers. I like my cleansers too but he was always about his face. That man was so meticulous about it that he would pluck his eyebrows because of the paranoia of a stray hair growing in a place it wasn't supposed to be.

  "I'm more nervous than excited. To be honest if it wasn't for the guy who dropped the class last minute I would have never gotten the opportunity." He said as he dropped everything in his bag.

  "I'm sure you'll be fine. He really likes you. And you work ethic is flawless so he'll be very honored to have you."

Derrin looked up and flashed me a smile.

  "You know I almost thought you blew it for me."

  "Believe me I had know idea. Besides I ran into him by accident. He was just standing at the corner and next thing I knew I was face planting in his back."

  "Hahahahahaha! That's good! I can just imagine you being that big of a clutz to almost knock Prince on his face!"

  "He does have a nice face. His eyes are so......."

  "Oh no here we go. You looked in his eyes didn't you?"

  "Of course I did why wouldn't I?"

  "That is the cardinal rule! Never look the eyes of the artist formally known as Prince! That's how he gets you!"

  "What's wrong with looking into those beautiful brown seductive eyes? His eyes are so dreamy! I could look into them for hours."

  "Ya done falling in love? Remember we have a plane to catch."

  "Yes I'm done fool! When do we leave?"

  "Well we got about 20 minutes before we have to head out to the airport."

  "So are we going to the A or to Minneapolis?"

  "YOU are going to the A."

Now I was ready to fight.

  "By myself!?!?!?"

  "Gotcha! You should have seen your face just now! Oh that was priceless!"

  "That was so not funny!"

  "Yeah it was that was hilarious!"

  "Can we check out now? I'm hungry!"

  "Your wish is my command your highness!"

  "I really wish you would stop calling me that!"

  "Yes princess Erin." Derrin said grinning for ear to ear.

We grabbed our bags and went down to the lobby to check out. We turned in our keys and went outside to meet with the airport shuttle. Instead of a big grey van we came out to a small black Buick Town car. The driver was holding a sign with our names on it. Derrin looked confused because he noticed that my full first name was written.

  "Erin did you-"

  "I didn't but I know who did." I said giggling like a 7 year old school girl.

  "Then who-"

We both looked at each other.

  "Prince." We both said together.

We ran to the car and jumped in as if we never saw a car before. We rode to the airport in style and it was awesome. As we rode to the airport I took out my iPod. I started my plane ride playlist to calm my nerves. But as I was shuffling through my list of songs I began thinking to myself I don't have any of Prince's work. Then I thought none of his stuff is anywhere to be found! No iTunes involvement at all! I really never knew why. All I knew was when I was younger he changed his name to that awesome symbol but I never knew why his stuff was not online. That rock god persona that he shows the world when he performs was nothing like the gentle soul I met just days ago. Derrin was rocking out to his music. However I couldn't find the song that would get me chilled. Until I ran into the perfect song that made me feel the way Prince did. Open. Happy. Relaxed. The perfect song for the perfect moment. Flowery. Say yes. I put it on and closed my eyes. All I could do was think about Prince. The more I thought of him the more I saw the one thing that hypnotized me the most. Those brown eyes. We headed to the airport excited to get to Minnesota. When we arrived I had to stay in a hotel while Derrin had to assist his royal badness. It was only a day before we flew back home. Derrin was sad that we had to leave. I, on the other hand, could t wait to get back to my bedroom.