Chapter 19

It was only fitting that I jammed all night long with Prince. Considering it was the last night at Paisley Park, made an event of it. Derrin had fufilled his summer intern credit requirement. Prince even wrote him a letter of recommendation for his undergrad in criminal justice.
  "Thank you sir. For everything. This was an incredible experience working with you." Derrin said as he shook Prince's hand.
  "It was my pleasure having you! You did an excellent job here. Very impressed." He said proudly.
Prince then turned to me. He looked sad that we were leaving.
  "Hey!" I said. "What's up P? Why the long face!"
  "I'm really going to miss you Erinalia. I had such an amazing time with you."
  "Even though I yelled at you?"
  "You had passion for what you believed in at the heat of the moment. I can dig that."
He gave me a hug and squeezed me tight as if he was trying to keep me from leaving him in that big house all alone.
His receptionist came from behind the desk and met up with us.
  "Excuse me sir?"
Prince unwrapped his arms from around me.
  "Sorry. The car is here." She said.
  "I guess this is goodbye?" I asked.
  "I don't believe in goodbyes. We'll bump into each other again one day." He said.
His eyes looked sad and lonely. He walked us out to the car. The driver took our bags and loaded them in the trunk.
  "I hope we can come back again sir. I enjoyed it here." Derrin said.
  "Anytime you want brother." Prince said back.
Derrin got in the car and shut the door. I walked over to the car. I couldn't get in though. I wasn't ready to leave yet. I turned around and looked back at the sharply dress man in the black pants and black and white button up shirt. He wasn't wearing a tie. He wasn't wearing a matching fedora this time. He was wearing his black heels and his NPG chain around his neck. I gave him a smile and he smiled back. I walked up slowly towards him. He put his head down and folded his hands in front of his lap.
  "I'm.....gonna miss you a lot P."
  "I'll be around when you least expect it."
He said in a soft deep voice. I touched his left arm and headed back the the car. As I reached for the door he called out to me.
  "Hey!" He said.
  "I know who that song you sang was about." He said.
My heart stopped beating for at least 3 seconds before I remembered to breathe. I quickly turned around and looked at him. He had a big smile on his face.
  "You do?" I asked.
  "It was me. The man you love but can't have. It's me isn't it?"
  "Well.....I mean.....if you want to believe it was."
  "Oh I believe." He said with a grin.
  "Really now!"
  "Gotcha! I had you and you fell for it!"
I gave him a look of disbelief.
  "Saving yourself from that nose dive are ya?"
  "Touché. You're good!"
  "I learned from the best P!"
We smiled at each other and the conversation stopped. I looked into his brown seducing eyes. His spell took over my soul. I looked away and walked back to the car. Suddenly I felt a hand pull at my arm. It was Prince. He turned me around to face him and just at that moment he kissed me on the cheek. My soul exploded. It was like the stars collided! My face was in a state of shock.
  "I love you. Erin." He said in my ear.
  "I....... I........I........."
The words were stuck in my throat. I thought I was chocking for a minute. He smiled at me.
  "Come back to earth mama." Prince said.
I came to my senses at last and we locked eyes.
  "You called me Erin!" I said.
  "I know you don't like being called by your full name." He said.
  "Now go on. You're gonna be late for your plane."
I got in the car and Prince closed the door. I rolled down the window and waved goodbye to him.
  "Until we meet again. Erin." He said as he waved. The car pulled away. Prince stayed in the same place until we could no longer see him standing at the front of his compound. As I turned and faced the front of the car Derrin was staring at me.
  "You ok over there kid?" He asked.
  "Yeah. Yeah I'm ok." I said.
I finally got that kiss I was longing for.