Chapter 15

Derrin knocked on my bedroom door.  I ran to the door quickly to let him in.
  "Must you come bangin on the door like po po in someone else's house?" I asked him furiously.
  "Sorry I'm just really nervous." He said. He looked at me side ways.
  "What are you doing ? Why are you not ready yet?" He said.
  "Prince had my dress made and I think I'm too fat to wear it. His tailors made it extremely small."
  "Well how do you know?" He asked.
  "Because I took it out of the bag and looked at it." I told him.
  "Looking at it and trying it on are two different things. Go get ready. Nice makeup by the way. It matches the rollers." He chuckled.
  "Shut up fool!" I yelled from the bathroom
I quickly put the tiny lavender dress on. It took me at least 2 seconds to zip it midway before it got stuck. I stepped into my black 6 inch heels and frantically pulled my rollers out of my already curly hair. Just then there was a knock at the door. It was the receptionist that let me and Derrin inside earlier that day. Derrin opened the door and let her in the room while I was still in a rush to get ready.
  "Sorry to bother you but is miss Erinalia ready? Prince is ready for her." She said to him.
  "I'm ready!" I shouted from the bathroom.
I shook my curls down and walked out of the bathroom. Derrin's face was stunned. The receptionist had the biggest kool-aid smile I've ever seen.
  "Erin! You......look......." Derrin couldn't finish his thought as he looked me up and down.
  "You look wonderful my dear!" The receptionist said.
  "Thanks. It's a little tight but I think as long as I don't eat more that two pieces of toast and an eighth of a glass of water I'm good to go!" I replied.
  "The boss is ready for you. He's in his studio. I'll escort you down." She said.
I stared at Derrin for a moment before he had come back to the rest of America.
  "You good cousin?" I asked him.
  "Yeah I'm great! Have a good time! I can't take that dress but since it's your first Hollywood party I'll let this one slide." He said. I gave Derrin a hug and a kiss and wished him luck.
  "Let's go my dear we don't want to keep him waiting. He's a Gemini and he can get pretty impatient sometimes." She lightly pushed me down the hall as i waved at Derrin. I watched him close the door as he waved back at me standing in the hallway. We made it to the studio at last. The receptionist knocked on the double door and announced me in. Prince was playing a song on his piano. He suddenly stopped when she peeked in.
  "Pardon me sir sorry to interrupt but I have miss Erin for you." She stepped out and escorted me inside the studio. I was so nervous I thought I was going to fall on my face in these shoes I had on. As i walked in the room the door had closed behind me. Prince had that same stunned look on his face that Derrin had just moments ago when I came out in the custom made party dress. He stood up slowly. His eyes were scanning me and I felt it. Prince walked up to me.
  "Wow......stunningly beautiful!" He whispered.
Now I was the one that was blushing. Prince was wearing a deep purple suit with a black button up and tie. He must love his fedora because that was also a deep purple which of course also matched his shoes.
  "Erinalia you look as exotic as your name." He said with a smile.
  "Thank you! You clean up very nice yourself P."
He couldn't stop staring at me. I couldn't stop staring at him. It was like we were drawn to each other like magnets. His voice got really sensual and sweet.
  "Come with me." He said as he grabbed my hands and led the way.
We walked into the room across the hall. The light was still on and the candles were still lit. He sat down on a stool and told me to sit next to him. I guess i was so afraid to rip the already small dress that I just leaned on the stool. Prince pulled out his purple acoustic guitar. He looked into my eyes.
  "Sing to me." He said softly.
  "Prince I can't! You know how I feel about that."
  "Just go with what you feel is in your heart. I play and you sing. Give me whatever you want."
He began to play. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then the song just flowed from me. My song of choice was about me falling for a man I knew I could never have. A man that didn't even know that I was falling for him. A man who was shaking me to my very core and couldn't see it because I hid behind my emotions. My song was about him. About Prince. The way he looked at me. His smile. His touch. His voice. Mostly his deep brown enchanting eyes. As the song was coming to an end I sang about the one thing that I longed for the kiss of Prince. For a moment I thought that he would catch on that the song was about how I fell in love with him. He didn't even notice the song was about him. He just gave me the nod of approval.
  "See? That wasn't so hard now was it?"
I was so disappointed that he didn't figure it out. I put my head down.
  "No." I said sadly.
It felt like my heart was being torn in two.
  "We should get going before someone suspects something."
I got up and walked about of the room before he could say anything to stop me. I know it was wrong for me to just get up and leave but my feelings were hurt and I couldn't tell him that at all. I heard him come out of the room to come after me.
  "Erinalia wait!" He called.
I kept walking. I knew if I stopped and ran back to him it would be all over I would be professing my love for a man who I know could never love me back the way I want him to. So I just kept going.