Chapter 37: The End of One Adventure and the Beginning of Another

As you can guess, I was kinda fucked at the moment.

Orochimaru stared straight at me, his face spreading into a snaky grin and his eyes narrowed into slits. His tounge ficked out and I almost threw up, god is that guy revolting. "Can I go now?" I snapped after a minute of awkward silence. "Like, legit guy you're creeping me the fuck out," Orochimaru laughed, and shook his head, standing up from a plush chair across from my own.

"Now, now, calm yourself Nakira-chan, we'll have more use for that firey temper of yours for things other than hurling insults at your captors," I struggled against the bonds of my seat, and it just made him laugh. A cruel, bitter laugh that rang throughout the mostly empty room, I scowled and cursed under my brath. "Besides, don't you want to bring down the Akatsuki? After they lied to you? Admitted they're going to kill your friends?" Orochimaru's tounge snaked out again, and I flinched, repulsed.

"Oh shut up, they're not going to kill anybody, their plans are too stupid to even work," I answered, rather irritated by his lame attempts to get under my skin, literally and figuratively. I glared at Kabuto, who was smirking at me from behind creepy snake mans shoulder. Naturally, ugh, what a jerk. With his stupid ninja Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

"Would you like to tell us their plans?" Kabuto said, smirking as he pushed his glasses up. "I would absolutely hate to have to interrogate you,"

"Oh get over yourself, I'll only be telling you what you already know. So do me a favour and kindly fuck off," I snapped, pulling against my bonds once more. "I see no point in you kidnapping me, let me go and I'll spare your lives the next time we meet,"

Kabuto rolled his eyes, "You won't be going anywhere, and last I saw you are bound and tied up, you can't do handsigns to invoke your jutsu," I scowled, and shifted my glare to Orochimaru.

"I'm simply reclaiming property that has been marked by me, nothing more," Orochimaru responded calmly, "When Kabuto dies, who else would be fit to be my medical supervisor?"

"I'll just end up purposefully killing you anyways,"

"Or so you think,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Orochimaru just shook his head and smirked at me. His tounge flicking out as he licked his lips slowly, almost threatingly

"I don't think you know how I work, Nakira-chan,"

"I think I know that you're a dick, Orochimaru," Kabuto's eyes narrowed as he strode up to me with quick steps. His hand flying backwards before promptly slapping me straight across the face. My head rocketed to the side, my ears ringing and my vision drifting in an out. Jesus christ he could hit hard.

"You will not use such disrespect towards somebody who has the ability to kill you if he so wished," He spat, straightening his headband and stepping away. I didn't have the energy to reply, my head still boggled and my ears still ringing like crazy.

"Don't harm her too much Kabuto, we have much she still needs to be alive for," Orochimaru stared at me expectantly, his eyes showing malice and anticipaion. "She is one of the most powerful medical-nin of her generation, obviously," Orochimaru slid his gaze to Kabuto, smirking, "She's going to be better than you, one day,"

"I doubt it, she's not even a chunin yet," Kabuto snapped, glaring at me as he turned, walking briskly into the darkness surronding Orochimaru. I'm sure he was muttering under his breath as well, haha suck it.

"Yet," Orochimaru murmured, standing up and turning to follow behind him. "You'll stay here until you've learned how to behave. I'm sure you'll be getting a visit or two soon though," I scowled and looked away, my senses more or less restored, as Orochimaru stepped into the dakrness and vanished from sight.