Missing Assignments

Chapter 3: "Missing Assignments"

"Welcome back (y/n)!" the teacher said in a cheerful tone. (((((And me from my long break as well.))))) Her joy sounded forced, cracking at the high points with a deep sorrow. The first thing you noticed was Abby's empty seat, right next to yours. Both were barren, deserted.

You took a deep breath and swallowed the memories of that night, pushing a bright smile onto your face. "Thank you, Miss Watterson! So how many assignments did I miss?"

"Oh you missed quite a few, dear," she sighed. "But not to worry, you didn't miss any tests. And any notes we took, I'm sure one of your classmates would be more then happy to share them with you." You nod and take a deep breath, making your way to your seat.
On your way there you kept your eyes locked on any spot besides Abby's empty desk. Miss Watterson cleared her throat, saying, "There's an open desk here up in front dear, if you would like a different seat for today." You nod violently and bolt from your seat, rushing up to the open desk.

No way did you want to be near that desk, not this soon.

~Time Skip to Lunch~

"So what was it like," Emily chirped, leaning towards you with adoring eyes, "being held hostage and all?" You take a bite from whatever surprise meal the school cafeteria was serving up that day, giving Emily a small shrug.

Glancing around the lunch room, a pit forms in your stomsch when you see all the empty seats. Fifty-one seats that were filled with the people who were slaughtered at the party you survived. Biting your lip, you get up to leave when Mitch holds your arm. "Hold on a sec, there's someone I want you to meet."

"No," you say simply, your voice cracking. Mitch called after you, "Well hey, we're having a rememberence meeting at my place for Abby, okay little mama?"

"Okay Mitch, I'll see you then," you sigh, not watching your steps as you run smack into some guy. You mutter an apology and look down at your clothes, seeing the rest of your lunch adding their own decoration to your outfit. "Great," you groan, forcing back tears, "this is just what I need."

You push past the random guy, covering your face. Emily calls after you, her footsteps echoing against the tile floor. When you stop and she finally catches up, she starts whispering sweet nothings in your ear to try and comfort you. None of them worked. All they did was remind you of when Abby would do the same thing. "(Y/n) honey you can talk to me you know," Emily whispered in the friendliest tone she could muster, "You don't need to keep it bottled up.

Nodding in agreement, you slowly sit down on the floor and tell Emily everything that happened throughout that night.

~De la time skip because we know what happened~

You brush your hair back into place after showing Emily the healing wound on your head, waiting for her reaction. Before she was able to respond, the bell for lunch to be over rang with its piercing rings. "I got to go, we can talk later. I'll see you at Mitch's place."

"See you later Emily," you say bluntly.

(((((Sorry sorry SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!!! I APOLOGIZE!!! ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS UPDATE!!!)))))