16

Sunday
Well I have my journal back, I mean, clearly I have my journal back. I wouldn't be writing in it if I didn't. Ha-ha, clever Cait. Anyway, It actually wasn't that complicated to get it back. Devon told me that he kind of panicked at the end because Dillon was about to go back in and I wasn't down yet. So he lied about a... mixtape?  God I wish I would have seen that. Or better yet, heard it.
Wow i miss my dad. That was very random, but I really miss him. I've been wearing his necklace everyday now and ugh. It hurts so much.

"Cait! Trey is here!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

'Wow, great timing!' I rolled my eyes as I put on a dark navy blue tshirt dress and my converse.

No use in trying to impress my moms boyfriend.

"There she is." My mother smiled brightly when I walked downstairs. I returned the smile and saw that everyone, Chris, Trey, and my mother were seated at the table.

"Hey guys." I greeted them and they greeted me back.

"So, let's eat." My mom said grabbing her fork.

She made some casserole looking dish that had some kind of meat in it. As I took a bite, I immediately didn't like it. But I smiled through it and still continued to eat it.
Then I remembered the conversation Dillon and I made when we first met;

'Oh. That's what dinner was. I hate chicken alfredo." He said with a disgusted face.

"Excuse me?! My mother made that!" I snapped at him.

"Tell her she's a wonderful cook." He said sarcastically.'

I guess I can admit my mom isnt the best cook, but he didn't have to be so sarcastic, and on the down low, say she was a bad cook.

He isn't slick.

The things I do to try to make my mom happy, but all she does is bring some strange guy into the house.

Dinner was kind of awkward since the first time we met him, we learned about each other there.

So we all just sat in silence and ate the food.

After dinner I had kitchen duty so my mom and Trey went in the living room, Chris went to his cave of a room and I put my earphones in and listened to Ariana Grande's new album.

While rinsing the plates and humming the chorus of 'Into You', I started to feel weird... You know how sometimes you feel like someone is watching you, and then you turn around and someone actually is watching you?

That's how I feel.

So I turned around and gasped quietly when I saw Trey, leaned up against the counter, just eyeing me.

What the fuck?!

"Can I help you?" I asked him in a concerned voice. I paused my music to hear him.

It was as if he didn't hear me, he was just stared at me.

It seriously made a chill go down my spine.

"Your mother saw a glass on the living room table... Here." He set the glass in the sink and my anger rose.

I hate it, with a passion, when people put dishes in the sink and im washing them.

But like the nice person I am, I nodded and washed the glass.

I turned back around, but it feels like Trey stood there for five more minutes and then he finally walked out.

That guy gives me the creeps. It feels like im being very rude and judging him too quickly.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

"So baby come light me up..." I lightly sang. I totally forgot about the whole situation with Trey when I turned back on my music.

I connect with music on a spiritual level.

_____________________

Thank you for reading!! This is a simple chapter, the next one will be better! Don't forget to vote and comment! I love you all :)