33

"Wake up Cait. You must have slept through your alarm, you're going to be late honey." My mom shook me a bit.

"Okay im getting up." I said as I sat up.

My mom looked at me like she was about to cry.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I just love you so much." She said.

"Love you too mom." I replied, a little shocked that she just randomly told me that.

She gave me a small wave and walked out.

I went into my closet and pulled out my high waisted knee-ripped boyfriend jeans, a spaghetti strapped crop top and some adidas.

The jeans were high enough to not show my belly in the top so I better not get dress code for trying to look cute.

I sat my clothes on my bed and went to get ready in the bathroom. After I brushed my teeth and put in my contacts I looked at my hair in disgust.

What was I going to do with this birds nest?

I quickly put the whole thing a tight bun on too my head and went to put on my clothes. Today is going to be a good day. I'm not going to have any troubles, I'm going to stay away from Dillon and enjoy my day.

***

"Take out some paper for a pop quiz." Ms. Shitty said.

That isn't her actual name of course, she's just a really old, shitty teacher so students call her that behind her back.

Also, goodbye to having a decent day today. Pop test are the worst

Everyone groaned as they got papers out from their binders.

"Psst. Cait. Lemme borrow some paper." I heard Devon say behind me.

"I swear if I have to give you paper one more time I'm going to scream." I laughed.

Devon basically asks for paper everyday. Two weeks ago I even brought him a stack of paper. But, being a senior in high school, that paper was gone in a minute.

"But you love me, so its okay that I constantly ask for paper." He said as he took the paper I handed.

"No talking!" Ms. Shitty eyes slitted like a snake as she hissed at us.

"Ms. Shitty must be going through menopause." Devon whispered.

Of course, I burst out laughing causing Ms. Shitty to turn and glare at us.

"Detention this afternoon! Both of you!"

I rolled my eyes and Devon huffed but we got quiet as we listened to Ms. Shiteater talk about math for a whole 50 minutes.

***

"I can't believe we got detention just for laughing." Devon rolled his eyes as he whispered to me.

"At least we dont have Ms. Shitty as our discipline teacher..." I half smiled as I glanced at this old teacher who basically has a hearing problem in both ears and was half asleep.

"How long do we have to be in here?!" Devon groaned.

"I honestly dont know." I put my chin my hands.