34

Previously from Chapter 33...

"Cait, I have something to tell you." He said. His face was so close to mine, I couldn't focus on anything else.

"Okay." I said.

"I-"

"Am I interrupting something?" I heard Devons say and I immediately backed away from Dillon.

"No, you're not interrupting a thing." Dillon said coldly.

I saw that nice, pure side of him leave and that angry snarl came back on his face as he got up and walked to the back of the classroom.

•continued...•

"Great." I muttered as I turned in my seat.

"What the shit! What the hell! What the fuck! Is something going on between you guys?" Devon rushed into the desk next to me and leaned in as if he was expecting me to tell him my deepest darkest secret.

"No! Of course not." I said, and I meant it.

I was only frustrated because I hate cliffhangers and that, was a huge cliffhanger! What was he going to tell me? How would I ever find out what he wanted me to know?! Dillon rarely turns into that nice, calm, boy he was not less than five minutes ago.

"Then what was that all about?" Devon asked, being nosy as usual.

"Do you really think I'd hide something like that from you if anything was happening between me and him?" I scoffed, almost offended.

I would tell Devon and Beth the second after, of course.

"No... but, you still didn't answer my ques-"

"You may leave now, don't get into anymore trouble on your way out." The old teacher said in an annoyed tone.

Hoping to avoid any more of Devon's questions, I grabbed my backpack and followed him out the class.

Thankfully, he didn't ask anymore on our way back home.

***

"How was after school detention?" My mom asked as soon as I walked in the door.

"How'd you know about that?" I eyed her as I set my backpack down on the table.

"The school called." She said in a heated tone.

"You sound angry."

"Of course I'm angry Caitlin! How come this is your second time getting a detention this year?" She asked.

"Mom, it's really nothing to freak out about." I looked at her with confused eyebrows.

She never gets heated over small things like this.  

"Nothing to freak out about? This is your senior year- it's suppose to be your best!"

"Okay, its two detentions in a whole school year, whoopee doo! What? I can't get into college now?!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Do not get sarcastic with me." She lowered her voice and I instantly regretted saying that.

"Sorry... but mom, seriously, why are you trying to argue with me over this?" I turned to the fridge to find something to eat.

"You've never gotten a detention your freshman year, sophomore year, junior year, and now, you've randomly gotten two this whole year. What's been making you act like this?" She asked me.

"I'm pretty sure it's just my rude teachers this year."

"It's that boy!" She suddenly outburst.

"What boy...?" I asked instantly closing the fridge door.

"Dillon, from next door. Have you been hanging around him more?" She asked me.

"Mom, we basically hate each other, why would he be making me get more detention?!" I got defensive real quick.

"Calm down, I was just making a guess." My mom said, a hint of amusement was behind her voice.

"You say I'm the one that needs to calm down?" I said as I went back into the refrigerator.

"It's probably that attitude that's getting you in trouble young lady."
I could hear the attitude in my moms voice.

I probably get it from her!

It's so weird and random how my mom would think of Dillon in this situation. Yes, he's a trouble maker, but would she really think that me, the "goodie goodie" would hang around him.

I wouldn't describe myself as a goodie goodie, but my mom would and so would everyone else if they haven't met me.

I got a chill up my spin as I remembered what Dillon told me a while ago,

"I love how innocent you act, but I know you're not."

I remember how terrified and embarrassed I was when he told me that the first- well the second time, I stepped foot in his house.

Now, I just chuckle at the memory.