31

Dillon POV

"Okay students... pass your essays up to the front. I have gave you plenty of time to work on these so hopefully they are perfect." Mr. Will smiled his awfully big and way-too-cheery smile as everyone passed their essay forward.

Oh shit... the essay.

I totally forgot about that. Oh well, I do have a whole half of this class left to pass. What's an essay worth three test grades going to do to me?

"Dillon, did you pass your essay up?" The teacher said, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Uh yeah man, It's in there... maybe, probably." I said.

The whole class snickered while the teacher just shook his head.

Well, the whole class didn't laugh. Cait, who was seated next to me, shook her head just like the teacher.

She just didn't want to admit that I was funny, well forget her.

The bell rung and everyone flew out the classroom, I was just about to do the same until the teacher called up to me.

"Dillon, stay after class."

Some people who were still in class ooo'ed as if they knew I was getting in trouble.

I watched Cait as she got up and walked out of class and turned my attention to the Mr. Will as he cleared his throat.

"Dillon, you've been in my class for only a couple months, and I have notice no improvement. You really have to start caring about your work. Is there something bugging you that's making you not pay attention?" He asked me.

"No, not really." I replied.

"Okay then, try to do better in my class. If you need a tutoring on your writing skills I'd have no problem assigning you one. I wouldn't want to send you back to Ms. Patterson since you already have a bad reputation with the rumors, son."

How many teachers know about that m, goddamn.

I just nodded and shrugged my shoulders. I tried to look as upset as possible and held my head down, but as my head was down, I looked at the stack of papers on his desk. Neat cursive words on lined paper caught my eye;

'When I think of Dillon, fondness is the last word I'd think of that compares to him. I think he's afraid of how it would feel if someone actually did show keenness towards him'

What the hell...

Wait- this is Cait's paper! She wrote her essay on me?!

"Dillon?" The teacher called me.

"Huh?" I said quickly looking up from the paper.

"Here's a pass so you won't be counted late for your next class. Hurry along." He shooed me away after he handed me the sticky note with scratchy looking words.

I just can't believe Cait did her essay on me... I don't know how to feel about it.

Weirded out? Honored? Confused? I don't know.

Cait's POV

"I see your ankle is doing better."

I looked at Brad. He was fiddling awkwardly on my front porch and I just stared at him. I haven't seen him in a while but he looks like he's been doing good.

"Yeah... it is healing really good. I got a check up on it a while ago. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm okay." He replied.

Then we stood in silence.

"This is getting awkward so can you tell me why you're here? Not to sound rude, but you just showed up at my door without a text or anything. We havent talked in weeks."

"Well I mean, the last time I showed up at your door without texting you, I successfully took you on a date the next day." He smirked.

"Okay, what are you saying?" I sighed in annoyance.

"Give me another chance."

"To take me out on a date, I think I'd want to wait a while. I'm awfully busy." I lied.

The only thing I was doing this Thanksgiving break was laying around and eating. Then I have to baby sit Sunday.

"Come on babe... just let me take you out?" He begged.

"Begging isn't going to work... text me later." I said as I closed the door.

I don't know how to tell him I'm not interested.

_________________________

I know this is a small chapter but I just needed to post a chapter so here you go! Thanks for reading ;)

(Sorry its a boring chapter)