{Part 13}

Word Count: 1327
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You finish breakfast with Papyrus just when Sans walks downstairs with Undyne, now awake. You stand up and hide behind Papyrus, nervously looking at Undyne. She looks at you and gives a weak smile.
"I'm sorry about before. Sans convinced me that you really wouldn't do any harm to monsters. I just got too eager to get the last human soul and leave this place."
Undyne looks down in shame and you start to feel sorry for her. You walk over and hesitate before giving her a hug. Surprised, Undyne hugs you back.
"I forgive you. So, are we friends?"
Undyne laughs and nods.
"The best of friends."
She looks up at Papyrus with a smirk.
"Looks like she's MY best friend!"
"IS NOT! SHE'S MINE!"
Undyne and Papyrus start arguing while you walk over to Sans.
"They argue a lot, don't they?"
Sans nodded.
"Yup. But it's nothing very serious as you can see."
"So, now that we have this all sorted out, what should we do today?"
Sans thought for a minute then smiled.
"Get changed, we're going sledding."
~Time Skip~
Dressed in a (F/c) jacket, jeans, and boots, you walk outside and join Papyrus and Sans. When they see you, they smile and you all start walking into the forest.
"I've never been sledding before, is it fun?"
"YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!"
Papyrus was carrying the sled and it was huge. Big enough to fit five people to be precise.
"Where did you find such a huge sled?"
"We built it actually."
"You did? It looks so professional."
Papyrus beamed proudly.
"WHY THANK YOU! MY CRAFTSMEN SKILLS ARE QUITE AMAZING."
You giggled and Sans laughed. You finally reached the top of the hill and you looked down to see a long drop.
"You sure this is safe?"
"Yup. We come here every year."
"Year. Wait, what month is it?"
"DECEMBER, WHY?"
You gasped.
"Christmas is soon!"
Sans smiled.
"I haven't thought about Christmas much but now that you mention it, it IS soon. Three days actually."
"Three days?! After sledding, we need to decorate!"
"DECORATE? FOR WHAT?"
You stared at Papyrus and Sans in shock.
"You guys don't decorate for Christmas?"
"Who decorates for Christmas?"
"Well, I did when I was on the surface. We would string lights on the house and would have this huge Christmas tree that we would hang ornaments on. Oh it was so pretty, and the smells! We would bake gingerbread and make gingerbread men and gingerbread houses and also candy canes! I LOVE candy canes!"
Papyrus and Sans listened as you described holiday traditions in awe. When you finished Papyrus was smiling and so was Sans.
"WE SHOULD DO EVERYTHING THAT THE HUMANS DO FOR THE HOLIDAYS! IT SOUNDS AMAZING!"
"And I can invite all our friends and maybe even that nice lady behind the wall."
You looked at Sans.
"Nice lady? What do you mean?"
"Down by the old ruins, I go by and talk to this lady that's behind the wall. She says there's a way out but doesn't come out. I dunno why but maybe she'll come for the holidays."
You gasped.
"Toriel! I haven't seen her in ages!"
"WHO'S TORIEL?"
"She's the lady behind the wall. When I fell from the surface, she protected from this evil flower and helped me get into Snowdin. That's who you must be talking about!"
"Toriel, what does she look like?"
You smiled.
"Just take me with you when you ask her and soon you'll see! She'll definitely come out if she knows I'm here. She treated me like her own child."
"GREAT! NOW THAT WE'VE GOT ALL THAT SETTLED, LETS DO WHAT WE CAME HERE TO DO! SLED!"
Papyrus set the sled down and everyone climbed in. You sat in the front with Sans behind you and Papyrus behind Sans. Papyrus grabbed the sides of the sled and started to push it forwards. The sled started to go forward on its own as gravity took over. Papyrus jumped into the sled just as it started going down. The sled shot down the hill at an incredible speed while you screamed with glee. You could hear Papyrus and Sans behind you screaming too which made you laugh. The sled started to slow as it reached the bottom of the hill and soon stopped. You hopped out smiling.
"Again! Let's do it again!"
Papyrus smiled.
"WHY NOT? LETS GO!"
~Time Skip~
You, Sans, and Papyrus walked back home with the sled being pulled behind you. Everyone was covered in snow from sledding and you had a big clump sitting on your head from falling headfirst into a snow dune. You brushed off most of the snow, including the mound on your head, and started to shiver.
"You guys have hot chocolate right?"
"OF COURSE! WHEN WE GET BACK, I'LL MAKE EVERYONE A CUP OF IT!"
You smiled.
"Great! And while you're doing that, me and Sans will go see Toriel and convince her to spend the holidays with us."
"PERFECT! I HAVE A SECRET RECIPE FOR HOT CHOCOLATE TOO YA KNOW?"
"You do?"
"YEP! AND ITS BETTER THAN UNDYNE'S!"
You sighed and looked over at Sans who was chuckling. You all made it back home and walked inside. Papyrus propped the sled against the wall and walked into the kitchen to make the hot chocolate. You quickly ran upstairs and grabbed a clean jacket and traded it for the damp snowy one that you had on. You walked back downstairs and saw Sans waiting by the door.
"You ready to go?"
"Yep, let's go."
You both walked outside and started walking towards the ruins. It started snowing as you walked and you tried to catch snowflakes on your tongue. Sans watched you and laughed when a clump of snow fell off a branch and landed on your face. You brushed it off and laughed with Sans. Before you knew it, you were at the exit of the ruins and followed Sans over to a wall. He knocked on the wall and you heard a knock from the other side. You smiled when you heard the familiar voice from the other side of the wall.
"Hello again Sans! You're early today!"
Sans smiled.
"Yeah, and I brought a visitor."
"A...visitor? Who is it?"
Sans motioned for you by the wall and you walked up. You took a deep breath and started to talk.
"Hi Toriel."
You heard a gasp from the other side of the wall.
"(Y/n)? Is that you?"
You smiled.
"Yeah it's me. I've missed you!"
"I've missed you too my child! But what are you doing here?"
"Well, me and Sans were wondering if you would join us for the holidays."
"The holidays? I thought that was a few months away."
"Nope. It's December now. But would you like to join us?"
There was no reply from the wall and you nervously looked at Sans. He walked up to the wall and smiled.
"Please Tori? We would love to have you over with us. Nobody should be lonely on the holidays."
More silence. Then you heard a sigh from the other side of the wall.
"It wouldn't hurt to go I guess. Sure, I'll come."
"Yay! I can't wait to see you again!"
"Me too, when should I come over?"
"In three days. That's when Christmas is."
"Ok, I'll be there. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to start preparing for it. I can bring my famous cinnamon butterscotch pie!"
You heard footsteps trail away and Sans turned to you.
"Now that we have that done, let's go home and get some hot chocolate."
You smiled.
"And then we can start decorating!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! Christmas! I know it's not Christmas now but hey, Christmas in June amiright? Heh, anyways, next part will be more "SansxReader" like it's supposed to be. Oh I can't wait! Bye!