{Part 24}

Word Count: 1119
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone walked inside tired and cold. Alphys told everyone that she was going to make hot chocolate and walked into the kitchen. Undyne followed to help while everyone sat down on the couch. You were exhausted from the running and laughing and it looked like Sans and Papyrus were too. Wait, how was that possible? They don't have lungs. Whatever. Mettaton looked like he didn't even leave the house. You sat up from where you were sitting on the couch and smiled weakly.
"So tonight is movie night?"
Sans nodded.
"Yeah, what do ya wanna watch?"
You picked up the remote and turned on the TV. You gasped.
"You guys have Netflix?!"
You smiled and started searching up movies to watch. Mettaton spoke up.
"How about a horror movie?"
A horror movie? You weren't so sure about that. Mettaton grabbed the remote from you and searched up a few horror movies. You saw one that was called "Paranormal Activity". You had heard of it when you were up on the surface. Supposedly it was supposed to be terrifying. And to just your luck, that's the movie Mettaton chose. He smiled and looked over at you.
"Is this one okay?"
"Uh, well-"
"Great! What time is it actually?"
You looked at your watch.
"Uh, it's about three in the afternoon."
Undyne and Alphys came out of the kitchen carrying five mugs of hot chocolate. They set them on the table then Alphys went back in to grab a mug of oil for Mettaton. Undyne walked over and saw the horror movie Mettaton had picked on the TV. She grinned and looked over at Alphys.
"We're gonna watch a horror movie tonight!"
"Wait w-what?"
You sighed and walked over to grab your hot chocolate. You sat at the table and started to drink it, thinking about the movie. It wasn't that big of a deal but you were starting to have second thoughts about the movie. What if you did something stupid, like scream or shriek? You pushed the thought away as Sans and Papyrus sat down next to you.
~Time Skip~
It had gotten late, around midnight, when Mattaton decided to start the movie. You had changed into more comfortable clothes, pajama pants and a tshirt with a (F/c) hoodie. You also had some fuzzy socks on the feel extra cozy. You sat down on the couch in the middle of Sans and Papyrus. Mettaton sat in a chair while Undyne and Alphys sat on the floor. The movie started and you already started to feel uneasy.
'Yeah, you should be. It's a horror movie.'
'Oh shut up Chara.'
'I'm just saying.'
You sighed and turned your attention back to the TV. After about half an hour, the movie started to get more scary. You had gotten farther into the couch, gripping Sans' and Papyrus' arm. You shut your eyes when you knew something scary was gonna happen from the lack of sound. Sans noticed you shut your eyes and wrapped an arm around you and pulled you closer. You flinched when you heard the screams but soon they died away. You slowly opened your eyes and smiled at Sans gratefully. He was blushing and avoiding eye contact. Aww. You didn't realize that it had gone quiet and let out a short scream when a jumpscare popped up. Sans chuckled as you gripped his arm tighter. Great. Now you look like a scared little girl. You forced yourself to look at the TV and at all the jumpscares and scary parts. Once the movie was over, you sighed with relief and plopped over on the couch.
"Let's never watch a horror movie ever again."
Undyne snickered.
"Nice screams."
You swat at her but she moved over so you couldn't hit her. You looked at the time and was surprised to see that it was almost two in the morning.
"C-could we s-sleep over for t-tonight? It's r-really late."
Papyrus smiled.
"WHY OF COURSE YOU CAN! I WILL GO GET SOME BLANKETS AND PILLOWS AND THEN WE CAN HAVE A SLEEPOVER!"
Papyrus ran over to the closet and started pulling out a bunch of blankets and pillows. You lied down on the couch and raised your arm.
"I call the couch."
Sans laughed.
"No fair."
You stuck out your tongue at him. Papyrus came back with pillows and blankets and dumped them on the floor. A few minutes later, everyone had made their own little beds on the ground. Mettaton turned out the lights and you curled up on the couch with a blanket and pillow. You could hear everyone's steady breathing, meaning they were asleep. The problem was, after watching that movie, every sound you heard made you jump. You sat up on the couch, scared. You looked up at the dark stairway where there was a perfect playground for your imagination. You thought you saw a dark shadow staring at you, but when you stared harder, it was a just a shadow from a street lamp outside. You heard the floor creak and you stared at the spot where you heard it. But it was just the house shifting. You closed your eyes and let out a breath. Stop scaring yourself. You won't get any sleep if this keeps up. Then you had a thought. Would it work? You closed your eyes and concentrated.
'Chara? You there?'
'Yeah, what do you want?'
You never thought you would be so happy to hear their voice.
'I'm scared.'
'Of course you are. You just had to watch that.'
'Well I didn't want to appear like a scared little girl.'
'But now you're afraid out of your mind. And how is that better?'
You sighed, annoyed.
'Now, leave me alone.'
Once again, you felt very alone and scared. You lied back down and stared up at the ceiling. You heard another noise and bolted up. It was just the wind. You were sick of this and you were afraid. You looked around the room and saw your friends asleep on the floor. You spotted Sans asleep near the end of the couch. You quickly got up and walked over to him. You lied down next to him and grabbed a blanket off the floor. You looked around the dark room, seeing shadows dancing off the walls. You scooted closer and closed your eyes, trying to fall asleep. A few minutes later, you started to doze off and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiya, sorry if this part seems a bit different than the others. I was watching a really good movie and I got a bit distracted. Anyways, I promise next part will be better. Bye!