The Three Broomsticks

The Three Broomsticks was almost completely deserted. The only other occupants, a ragged-looking old witch with crinkly white hair and blistering boils covering every inch of her face and a tall, slim hooded figure seated at the bar.

A collection of Weird Sister songs was playing faintly in the background but I took no notice in them. I sat in the corner, staring into the milky depths of my butterbeer, just thinking.

The last two hours had happened in a blur. I had ran and ran until my breath was tearing through my dry throat in agonizing gasps. When I finally stopped my knees had buckled from under me and I laid there, sprawled across the dirt, my face buried in the clay and grass.

It had taken a while for me to finally stand up again and I had apparated to the first place that had came into my head. The place every pathetic, broken-hearted sob goes to.

I was so absorbed in all that had happened and all that my father had denied and tried to justify that I didn't realise it was Seamus Finegan behind the bartender's counter until long after he had served me my drink.
Maybe he didn't recognise me. From my frizzy, bedraggled hair to my dirt-stained clothes I assumed it would be hard to recognise me as the dreamy, optimistic Luna Lovegood. Or maybe Seamus Finegan just didn't want to ask why I was sitting here alone, merely staring at my Butterbeer, with a tearstained face and dirty clothes. I was glad that it seemed to be the latter.

I have no way of knowing how long I spent huddled in the corner of The Three Broomsticks that night. But what I do know is that I eventually gulped down my Butterbeer and ordered a Fire Whiskey, which left me with a burning throat and a throbbing head.

By my second Fire Whiskey the window looking out onto the cobble-stoned street told me that it was sometime around 9 o'clock at night and that it was probably a good idea to leave. I decided I'd book a room upstairs, as I certainly didn't have anywhere else to go.

As I stood up my head swirled sickeningly and I felt as if the the contents of my stomach would explode across the room. Before that happened, however, my shaking knees gave way and I went crashing to the ground.