➵ CHAPTER 5 | STRESS

Previously

"Oh Suga! I forgot my purse at the cafe. Wait here, I'll go get it!" I exclaimed.

Sprinting back to the cafe, I accidentally tripped over, yet again, but before I hit the ground someone caught me.

"Are you okay?"

[ • • • ]

I looked up to see a boy about my age staring down at me, a concerned look on his face. He had soft, black hair and a middle parting, revealing his forehead. His eyes were dark brown and, at the moment, filled with worry. Jolting back to reality, I replied, "I'm fine! Thank you for catching me." I cautiously stood straight, still a bit dizzy.

"You really should tie up those converses but, I must say, they are a pair of spectacular converses." He smiled.

"T-Thanks! I'm Y/N by the way." I said, shocked at his kindness.

"I'm Jimin. I'll see you around. Pretty lady." With that he left, strutting past me with style. Snapping back to reality, I rushed to collect my purse then straight back to Yoongi. "What took you so long?" Yoongi questioned.

"Um, I tripped on the way. Oh look! The bus is here." Suga grumbled and turned to board the bus. It seemed his mood changed drastically since the cafe. I sighed as I boarded the bus, climbing the stairs to the top. Me and Yoongi were the only ones sitting on the top deck, which was kinda scary since I didn't know what kind of mood Yoongi was in. We flopped in two seats at the front, allowing us to have a brilliant view.

As soon as we settled, Yoongi fell asleep with cute, little snores coming from his mouth. Looking at his face, he had bags under his eyes and he looked worn out. I felt really bad for dragging Yoongi out like this.

Suddenly, Yoongi's head moved onto my shoulder, causing me to let out a muffled shriek of surprise. I relaxed and exhaled slowly. Yoongi being so close to me must have triggered something because without thinking, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

What in the world was I thinking? This came out of nowhere! You're a weirdo, Y/N.

After a few minutes, I calmed myself down again and tried to think why I would kiss Suga on the cheek. It was just a reflex? A moment of madness? I looked up to see we had to get off at the next stop. Cautiously, I nudged Yoongi from out of his slumber.

"Cherry!" Suga murmured, still half asleep. When he said that, questions zooming around my mind in surprise.

Why had he called Cherry's name out? Why some singer off the internet? Why the other me?

"Yoongi, wake up, you moron!" I whisper-shouted, not intending it to be said so loud.

"What!" Suga grunted, clearly moody that he had been woken from his amazing dream.

"We need to get off now." I replied, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. Yoongi nodded his head and started to get up. As soon as the bus stopped, I got off and said to Yoongi. "I have to get home quickly. I'll see you tomorrow."

Then I ran off, not bothering to get a reply. After a few minutes, I stopped running and fell onto my knees, taking deep, slow breathes.

"Big Sis! Why are you crying?" A little girl questioned. I rubbed my eyes and smiled.

"Look, I'm not crying anymore."

"Everybody's happy again!" The girl exclaimed, smiling as wide as she possibly could.

"Go back to your Mum then."

"Ok! See you later!" The girl grinned, waving goodbye before running off to her Mum. Slowly, I got up, brushing off the dirt from the ground. I trudged towards my house, thinking over today's events.

Once I got home, I locked myself in my room with red velvet cupcakes and a bottle of fudge brownie milkshake. Unhealthy but soothing. I searched through Youtube for a song reflecting my feelings at the moment. When I found it, I put on a pink wig and switched on the camera. The wig covered my eyes and something to cover my mouth but allowed me to sing. I took a deep breath and started the camera.

"Gnash, 'I hate u, I love u' featuring Olivia O'Brien."

I began to sing, the lyrics resonating with my current mood. After I had finished, I turned the camera off and uploaded the video to Youtube. I had finally relieved the stress of the day.

This was me. I was Cherry.

Opening the door, Mum informed me. "Y/N, our new neighbours have invited us over for dinner in two hours so be sure to look your best."

"Okay!" I said, smiling. Once Mum had left the room, I let out a sigh. I love meeting new people!

Notice my sarcasm.

[ • • • ]

A.N

Yo,

How's life? Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I wonder who the new neighbours are. Keep up to date with this book to find out.

Arty

P.S Get well soon SEXUAL-K