➵ CHAPTER 6 | NEIGHBOURS

M/N = Mother's Name

Awaiting me was one of the hardest choices on earth. Two outfits, both amazing. Which one was it to be? One of them was a black top with 'DOPE' in white on it and denim jeans which were rolled at the bottom. It also came with a snapback with MARVEL superheroes plastered over it. The other outfit was a white t-shirt with *Noragami characters all over it and black shorts paired with a black fedora on my head. With both of the outfits, I wore black converse highs.

After agonising on what to wear, I decided with the outfit with the 'DOPE' top. I took a quick shower and straightened my hair, curling the bottoms. Quickly, I put on my outfit but adjusted the snapback backwards.

Looking down at my phone, I saw that there was thirty minutes until we had to leave. Out of boredom, I checked how the video I posted did. Nearly falling out of my chair, I saw that the video had reached 1 million views and my subscribers went from 500,00 to 550,000.

I knew that my Youtube Channel, Cherry, was quite known but now the channel is growing and I don't know what to do. I haven't told anyone about this channel, not my mum, not Yoongi or Jungkook.

Before I could think about it any longer, Mum called me to come downstairs. Sighing, I closed my laptop and checked how I looked one last time. When I came downstairs, Mum was by the door ready to leave so I quickly slipped on my converse highs.

We nervously waited outside the neighbour's house after ringing the doorbell. Opening the door was a middle aged lady with a wide smile which was completely sincere.

"Hello! I'm Yoona Kim. Come in, come in!" Ms Kim exclaimed warmly.

"Hello. Nice to meet you! My name is M/N and this is my daughter Y/N." Mum smiled.

"Hi! Thank you for inviting us over." I replied politely. We gathered inside the living room to see a middle-aged man reading a newspaper. He looked up. "Hello! How are you? Make yourself at home."

"Hello! My name is Kate. Thank you for having us over." Mum said.

"Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Y/N." I said. Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grab me by the waist and swing me around. I let out a loud shriek of surprise but quickly held my hand against my mouth. Thankfully, the person soon let be back on the ground. I turned to face a boy with a bright grin which was absolutely adorable. He had light brown hair which was swept back. "Hello! Nice to meet you. My name is Taehyung but you can call me Tae!" Taehyung chirped with an enthusiastic smile.

"Hi! My name is Y/N." I said, returning his smile though I was still dazed from his introduction.

"Come, come! I want to show you something." Taehyung said, grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs. He led me into a room with dark blue walls and a dark oak floor. Taehyung opened a drawer from his table and took out a small, duck plush and handed it to me. "This is a present for you! Hope you enjoy him. His name is Rambo." Taehyung grinned.

"Wow! Thank you so much! Now I feel really bad because I didn't get you anything." I mumbled guilty, looking at the floor.

"You gave me a chance to look at your beauty." Taehyung winked whilst lifting my chin up so I faced him. When I looked up, he made a fish face which made me burst into laughter.

He was a total charmer.

Out of the blue, a girl walked into the room and was about to ask something when she saw Taehyung lifting my chin and assumed something was going on.

"Oh, sorry! Was I interrupting something? I'll go now." She said, turning around.

"Ha-Seon, come in. We weren't doing anything so don't fret. This is our new neighbour." Taehyung sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Hello! My name is Y/N. Nice to meet you." I smiled pleasantly.

"Hi! Sorry for being a nuisance. My name is Ha-Seon." Ha-Seon stammered, obviously embarrassed.

"Dinner's ready!" Ms Kim called. Taehyung rushed downstairs, leaving me and Ha-Seon behind to waddle after him. When we reached the bottom steps, we could smell the delicious aroma of what we call food.

I walked into the spacious kitchen to see a salad laid out onto the table and on another place there were white loaves of bread. There was also a tandoori chicken salad.

"This is the starter, by the way." said Ms Kim.

"What! I mean, really." I said, startled that this food was only a starter.

"Don't worry, this food won't be too much. Wait till the main course. Go sit down!" Ms Kim chuckled. I carefully sat down next to Taehyung and Ha-Seon. Immediately, I dug into the meal as it looked too delicious not to eat straight away.

After finishing, I sat back and rubbed my belly, still not too full. Turning to look at Taehyung, I saw he had finished as well but his face was covered in food. I gently poked him. "You've got a bit of food on your face."

"Mhm. Oh here!" He said, pointing at his face which spread more food on his face. I started chuckling at him. Taehyung flashed me his boxy grin which was literally the cutest thing I have ever seen. Being the responsible person I am, I cleaned Taehyung's face with a tissue.

Ms Kim then laid out the main course. I moaned in delight as I bit into the lasagne. "This is amazing, Ms Kim!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you but I'm sure you'll enjoy dessert more." She winked

Sure enough, when the dessert came, I felt like I was in a literal heaven even though my stomach was reaching bursting point. It felt like my stomach was holding a food baby and I was about to give birth.

Soon everyone had finished and packed away the dishes into the dish washer. Taehyung tapped me on the shoulder. "Can I have your number?" He asked sweetly.

"Sure. It's 07-XXX-XXX-XXX. Text me your number." I smiled.

"Thanks! Well, I'll see you tomorrow at school." He replied.

"You're coming to our school!"

"Yeah, I hope we can be friends." 

"We already are. Anyway, I'll see you, bye."

"Bye!" Taehyung grinned. With that I went over to Mum, who was standing by the door.

"Come on then, honey!" Mum said.

"On my way!"

Once I got inside my house, I rushed to my room and lay flat on the bed, fatigued.

PING!

[ • • • ]

A.N

Yo,

How's life? Just wanted to say that the 'PING!' at the end was a text message notification. Who sent it? Was it Jungkook, Taehyung or maybe Yoongi ♡ ? Keep reading to find out! Also, feel free to leave any feedback so I can improve my writing.

Arty

*Noragami is an anime so if you don't know it replace it to a tv-show or band t-shirt you do know