➵ CHAPTER 12 | PARENTS 🔜

Today was the day I had to pretend to be Jimin's girlfriend. I shuddered at the thought. Don't get me wrong, Jimin was very handsome but I could only think about Suga.

I also dreaded today because I had to be pretty and perfect for Jimin's uptight parents. I sighed heavily as I looked through my wardrobe. The only formal dress I could wear was the one I wore for funerals.

It was a plain black dress that came just above my knee. I decided to wear a little makeup so I could hide my weariness. Searching every inch of my bedroom, I finally found my abandoned black and gold clutch handbag. I dropped my phone and pack of toffees in their. I definitely needed sugar. And Suga.

I rushed downstairs and slipped on my black flats before bidding farewell to Mum. I checked my watch to see that it was time for Jimin to pick me up. I peeped out of my door to see Jimin on a motorbike. My eyes widened at the sight of the vehicle. "You coming or what?" Jimin called.

"Y-Yeah." I ran up to Jimin and carefully sat myself down on the motorbike. "You can actually ride this thing?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"For your information, this thing is called Sally and yes, I can ride. Don't ask how." Jimin said starting up the motorbike or should I say starting up Sally.

"As long as you don't kill me." I said, putting my hands around Jimin's waist. As much as I hated doing this, I didn't want to fall off the motorbike. The whole trip to Jimin's house was pretty terrifying and I'm pretty sure that I burst Jimin's ear drums from shrieking at times.

By the time we reached Jimin's house, I was incapable of forming coherent sentences. "Y/N, are you okay?" Jimin asked, getting off the moterbike.

"Mhm. Y-Yeah. To....tally fineeee." I slurred, stumbling to Jimin's front door.

"Sort yourself out before talking to my parents, please. Don't-" Jimin said before being widening his eyes at the door opening. I turned around to face a middle-aged man with a frown. "You must be Y/N. Jimin's girlfriend." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." I said, snapping out of my trance.

"Come in." He said, moving out of the way. I stepped into the hallway after slipping off my shoes. Jimin's dad, Mr Park, led me through to the living room with Jimin following behind me. On the sofa, I saw a lady with a phone in her hand. She looked at me and gave me an nod of acknowledgement. Mr Park sat next to her motioning me to sit as well. I sat of the three seater with Jimin next to me. After, Mrs Park had finished her call she looked at me and said, "Hello, nice to meet you. Jimin has talked about you a lot." she said, giving me a tight lipped smile.

"Oh really!" I said, looking over at Jimin.

"I hope your a good influence for him. He's been going out a lot with this band. I did want him to quit the band but as long as he has you I'll let it slide." spat Mr Park, a disdainful look on his face. I glanced at Jimin to see he had a pained expression. I felt a pang of sympathy for Jimin as his parents didn't respect him or what he liked to do.

"I need to go out for business reasons but I will make it in time for lunch." Mrs Park said, standing up to leave. We said our goodbyes before returning to our tense silence. I fidgeted with my hands, thinking of ways to spark a conversation. It seemed I didn't need to as the phone rang loudly across the room. Mr Park instantly stood up to pick it up.

After the call he said, " I am needed at the office so I will take my leave now." With that he left us in an awkward silence. "I'm sorry for troubling you." Jimin said, facing the floor.

"It's fine. Your parents are harsh." I said. Water droplets fell to the ground from where Jimin was. He head was down and his shoulders were shaking violently. "J-Jimin! Are you okay?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. Jimin looked up at me with a tears running down his cheeks.