➵ CHAPTER 22 | WHO ARE YOU? 🔜

I rushed into the hospital with Suga by my side. I saw Dad waiting by the reception and I went over to him. "Where's Mum?" I questioned.

"This way." Dad walked down a hallway and I followed him, feeling anxious. Suga took my hand and gave me a reassuring look. I smiled weakly at him. Dad led us to a room and I quietly opened the door to see Mum sleeping peacefully with a bandage around her head. I sighed in relief and walked out of the room. "What happened to Mum?" I inquired.

"I got a call that she had hit her head badly and she was in hospital. Luckily, she's okay." Dad said.

"I'm going to stay with Mum until she wakes up." I said before walking into the room with Mum. I sat next to Mum and laid my head on the wall. A few moments later, Suga came in and sat next to me. "You okay?" Suga asked, quietly.

"Yeah." I mumbled. I yawned loudly, causing my eyes to water. Suga placed my head on his shoulder. "Sleep." He said.

"No it's okay." I said but I felt my eyes grow heavy already.

-

"Y/N." Someone called, pulling me out of my dream. I opened my eyes to see Suga smiling at me. "Your Mum's awake." Suga said. I looked at Mum to see her slowly open her eyes. I immediately jumped out of my sleepy state and helped Mum get up. She opened her eyes fully and stared at me in surprise. "W-Who are you?" She questioned.

"M-Mum? What are you talking about? I'm your daughter. Y/N." I said, worried.

"What are you talking about? I've never met you before." She said, raising an eyebrow. I was speechless.

"I'll go get a doctor." Suga said, running out of the room. I didn't know what to do so I just sat in silence. A few minutes later, Suga came in with a doctor. "What's the problem here?" The doctor said.

"Mum can't remember me." I said.

"I'm not your Mum. You must be deluded." Mum said. I winced.

"I think we need to take an MRI scan." The doctor said. "Please wait here for a few minutes." The Doctor said before exiting the room. The doctor returned with a nurse and they wheeled Mum away. Before the Doctor left he said, "It will probably take fifteen to sixty minutes so you don't need to stay here." Me and Suga were left in the room alone.

"What if she never remembers me?" I whispered. Suga wrapped his arms me and caressed my hair.

"She will. This is probably a temporary thing." He said. I closed my eyes and hoped that Mum would remember me. "Let's get something to eat." Suga said.

"I'm not hungry." I murmured. Suddenly, my stomach rumbled loudly, contradicting what I had just said.

"Come on." Suga chuckled. He intertwined our hands before pulling me out of the room and down the corridor. "I think there's a chip shop by here." Suga said.

"I want ice cream." I said.

"It's really cold. You'll catch a cold." Suga said.

"It'll make me feel better." I said.

"Okay then. Don't eat too much though." Suga said. We walked out of the Hospital and walked to the nearest cafe. We walked up to the counter and ordered our ice creams. I took picked the chocolate flavour whilst Suga chose the vanilla flavour. The cashier looked at us as if we were lunatics to buy ice cream in the cold.

Once we had gotten the ice cream, we sat by a table in the corner. I licked at my ice cream and relished the flavour. I would have smiled if it wasn't for the fact that Mum doesn't remember me. "Stop looking so sad." Suga said, looking my cheek.

"But Mum doesn't remember me." I sighed, stuffing ice cream in my mouth.

"She would want you to keep on smiling." Suga said. I tried to smile but I just didn't feel like it so my smile dropped into a frown. I finished my ice cream and laid back on the chair, waiting for Suga to finish his ice cream. "Let's get back to the Hospital." I said, getting up from my chair. We exited the shop and walked down the pavement. We entered the Hospital and sat down in some chairs away from everyone else. "Do you know where Dad is?" I questioned.

"I think he went with the Doctor." Suga said.

"You won't forget me. Right?" I whispered. Without saying a word, Suga pulled me into a hug.

"How could I forget you?" Suga said.

"Well Mum did." I said.

"She'll remember. Just wait." Suga said. At that moment, the Doctor and Dad came walking down the corridor. "When is Mum going to remember me?" I asked.

"We can't tell. We only know that in these cases people will remember in several months. Sometimes they never remember." The Doctor said, solemnly.

"I-Is isn't there anything you can do?" I stammered.

"I'm afraid not." The Doctor said. I slowly took in the new information that had been thrown at me. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry." Suga whispered to me. I closed my eyes and flopped into a seat. "What am I going to do?" I mumbled, raking a hand through my hair. Tears clouded my vision and I silently sobbed. Suga bent down to my level and wiped away my tears but new tears continued to flow down. "Y/N..." Suga breathed out, looking at me with worry in his eyes.

"How could Mum forget me?" I questioned, not expecting an answer.

"I can't say anything to comfort you but I'll always be here for you." Suga said, hugging me tightly.

"What would I do without you?" I said, burying my face in his coat. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. Soon, my tears came to a stop.

.......................
Yo,

I'm really sorry that I didn't update for a while but I had a lot of homework. If you want to do you can get rid of homework for me ;) I'll try to update more often.

~Arty ^•^