Chapter 6

It's been two days since Austin got mobbed at the diner. I'm currently sitting in my class trying to focus on what the professor was trying to say but my mind is wandering about my plans of 'how should I propose to my girlfriend' or 'where is the perfect place to ask my girlfriend to marry me.' I groaned loudly when I couldn't even think what will I do on my proposal to Camila and where should I do it. I didn't even notice that most of my classmates are staring at me. The guy beside me tapped my shoulder.

"What?" I growled at the orange head boy. He looked scared, then pointed the professor in front of us.

"Ms. Y/LN, is there any problem?" He asked whilst crooking his eyebrows at me.

"No, uh- Sir."

"Then pay attention to my class." He said sternly. I internally whined and started to face Mr. Simpson. I actually don't understand why we are taking Algebra in Culinary Arts, like what the? We're just going to cook. Not that we are going to find the X when we are buying ingredients or other stuff in the supermarket. And it's not like the cashier will ask you what's X squared minus X whilst they are punching your stuff. I don't get it.

I felt my phone buzzing, I glance at the professor and see if he's still looking at me, and he's not. I fish my phone out of my pocket. I saw an unknown number texted me.

[Unknown Number - 9:15 am];
Hey.

[Me - 9:15 am];
Who's this?

[Unknown Number - 9:15 am];
Kelly. You know that girl at the party and the girl that asked for your number at the diner the other day.

[Me - 9:17 am];
Oh, hi. Aren't you in your class?

[Kelly - 9:17 am];
Iam. But it's so boring.

[Me - 9:17 am];
Same, college algebra is killing me.

[Kelly - 9:22 am];
You have algebra at this time? Sucks.

I lift my head up and check if Mr. Simpson is still discussing about the polynomials or whatever, and it looks like he's still blabbering about it.

[Me - 9:26 am];
I know. I'm so bored and sleepy.

[Kelly - 9:26 am];
Wanna grab some lunch today at the diner's where we were the other day?

[Me - 9:26 am];
Sure, just text me when you're class is done.

[Kelly - 9:27 am];
Okay.

I didn't text Kelly back, I shoved my phone back to my pocket and waited for 33 more minutes before this class ends.

-

"So, how are you?" Kelly asked. We've been sitting here in the Denny's for an hour. We just finished eating our food and now we just chilling and trying to get to know each other in a friendly way.

"I'm good," I said and take a sip on my drink. "How is it being an Art Major?"

"It's fun. My classmates and I love to stay up late in our art gallery and discussing beautiful random masterpieces while drinking some wine and chilling. You know." She said sarcastically. "Maybe you should join me sometimes."

"Sure," I smiled at her. We stayed for a little bit more and decided to go back at the campus. She told me that she still have some classes to go to and same for me. I was about to pay for my bill but she told me that she got it, she said that she was the one who ask me out for lunch and I let her.