Chapter 12

"Wait... wait. So let me get this straight, you're telling me that you and Camilla Cabello from Five Melodies are together, you know as in a relationship for four years?" Kelly scratched her chin as she asked me the same question for the umpteenth time tonight.

"Yeah, we are. And it's CamEEla CabeYo and their group is called Fifth Harmony not Five Melodies." I corrected her. We've been talking to each other for almost two hours now and I took her to the place where I used to go whenever I wanted to be alone, the edge of the cliff. Here we can see the whole city of Miami and seeing this beautiful view whilst sitting on the hood of my car is peaceful. And talking to this quirky short blonde version of my girlfriend is, I don't know, there's something about her aura, her presence that's really uplifting, this girl is really something else.

"Right, right sorry. I thought she was with Shawn Mendes."

"She is. But they are only dating for publicity, you know for promotions of their albums, singles, etcetera etcetera." I lie my back on the blanket that I lay on the hood of car, I didn't even know I still have this. The last time I used this was when Camila and I had a picnic in the same place Kelly and I are chilling right now, and it was months ago before her and Shawn started to date.

"But how? I mean how are you still managing to be okay, you know after you saw her to be all giggling ang blushing with Shawn a while ago? Or even at some of their interviews declaring their love for each other, or them acting like a real couple? While you, you are just watching them from the distance or on the screen, them being happy with each other. Because if I was in your shoe, I'd probably leave her even if I still love her. I don't think I can handle her seeing with someone else that's making her the happiest." She shift on the hood of the car and she lie down beside me.

"I think I'm used to it. To be honest, this is not the first time I let her to date someone else for publicity while we are still together."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. I let her date Austin Mahone before and it was fine with me because Aus and I are friends, and he knows that Camila and I are together. So I know he will not do anything stupid to my girlfriend." I stare at the stars that are hanging on the dark sky, shining so brightly. "But her fake relationship with Shawn kinda feels different from her past relationship Austin."

"How?"

"I don't know, I feel like I'm always trying to win for her attention every time that we are together, because even in her day off, she's always like Shawn this, Shawn that. Even if the guy is not there, her mind is still with him. You know what I mean?" She nods her head and urging me to continue. "And the way she looks at him is the same way I look at her or maybe I'm
just imagining things but I never felt like this before with her when she dated Austin." I sighed. "I feel like I'm slowly losing her." I voiced out.

"You're worrying too much,"

"I can't help it," I sit up and rest my chin on my knees.

A comfortable silence fell between us. "You are fine with her acting like she's straight even if she's not?" Kelly asked.

"Well, yeah. I know how hard it is to come out especially to her, she's a pop star, member of the biggest girl group today and if she come out, some people will be okay with it but some will start or finally have a reason to bash her or the group. And the media will start making rumors that she and Lauren might be a thing or was a thing. You know, the camren and stuff. And some will stop supporting them and their or her career might end soon. And I don't want that to happen, I love the girls so much. So yeah, I'm cool with Camila being a hetero for their image."

"No offense though but don't you want someone who is proud to be with you? You know tell the whole world that they are in love with you and not to someone who will hide your's relationship forever?"