Chapter 15

[A/N: Y'all! Have some faith in me. 😂]

I stare at my wrist watch as it changes to 2:00. I have been sitting on this blanket, waiting for Marco and Kelly to arrive with my Camila for almost five hours now. The food that I have cooked are already cold as an ice and the candles just melted. I don't know how many times I've counted the fairy lights that are wrapped around the trees, and do it all over again. I can feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier but I'm fighting the urge to sleep because they might come any second now.

As the cold wind blows, I snatch another blanket that's laying beside me and place it over my shoulder. I heard my phone rings, I pull it out of my pocket and saw Kelly's name flashing on it.

I pressed the answer button, "Hello?" I can feel that I will be having a cough or colds.

"Hello, Y/N?" I heard some shuffling on the other line.

"Yeah? Kelly what's up? Is Camila already with you guys? Are-"

"Uh- Y/N, I have something to tell you." She cuts me off.

"What is it?"

"The last flight from Los Angeles to Miami has just landed at exactly forty-five minutes ago and we don't think Camila took that flight because I can't see her anywhere." She said. I felt my stomach drop. Where the hell is she? "And the next flight will be tomorrow at one in the afternoon,"

"Oh, okay." I sighed. "Are you guys going home now?"

"Nope, I'm still hoping that she might pop out somewhere." I heard her yawn.

"I'm? Where's Marco?"

"He's sleeping inside the car." She mumbled.

"Wake him up and tell him that you guys should go home. Don't wait for Camila, she might come home later or tomorrow." I told her.

"But what about your proposal? You know-"

"I can do it tomorrow or later in the morning if she ever shows up. Now I want both of you to go home and sleep. I know how tired you are."

"Okay," She muttered quietly and yawned.

"Drive safely," I ended the call and put my phone inside my pocket. I carry the plates with the food on it and put it on the microwave to heat them up. I'm sure Marco and Kelly will be hungry, so I will let them eat these. I grab the sticky note above the fridge and a marker.

-

[Me — 4:32 am];
Where are you?
Are you still in LA?

[Me — 4:35 am];
I can't sleep because I'm worried if you're okay or what.
Babe, I've been calling you for the past 3 hours and it all went to your voicemail.

[Me — 4:38 am];
I hope you're okay. Please be okay.

[Me — 4:40 am];
Merry Christmas, Bambi.
I love you.

I can't help but get fucking worried because I don't know where in the world she is. I texted my apartment neighbor in LA, Ashley. Don't ask me why I have her number. Camila was the first one who decided to get her number, just to text our neighbor and always check on me if I'm taking random girls at home or not so I did the same and get our neighbor's digit but just to message her if Camila came home early or what.I asked Ashley if she have seen Camila leave the house, she told me that she did at around three in the afternoon yesterday. But where did she go?