Promise

This will be a young!Noctis x young!Reader x young!Prompto one. You guys are around 8 yrs. old. Enjoy!

*clink*...*thunk*

You rub your eyes in a lazy manner, slowly sitting up from your bed. You look around your messy room, trying to find out where those annoying sounds were coming from. "clink" You walk towards your window, tripping over a pile of clothes, causing you to faceplant against the window. You always wondered why your parents constantly reminded you to clean your room. I guess they didn't want you to faceplant against anything, you thought. You look down, with your face still smooshed against the window, to see two boys around your age smiling back up at you. The black-haired one was laughing his face off, while the blonde-haired one had his hands over his mouth, trying to prevent himself from laughing. That's when you realized your face was still stuck to your window. You quickly pull back away from it.

You look back down to see the Noct gesturing with his hand for you to come down. You nod your head in response. You quickly change out of your PJs into jeans and a sweatshirt. You tiptoe downstairs not wanting wake your parents up. You open the door to meet the smiling faces of Prompto and Noct. Noct was wearing blue jeans and a black sweatshirt. Prompto was wearing one of those thick, burly jackets and gray sweatpants.

You yawn, asking, "What do you guys want? It's only 8:00 a.m. and my parents are going to wake up soon."

"We wanted to show you something, f-n." Prompto says as he adjusts his glasses.

"Yeah, you have got to see it for yourself." Noctis adds, smiling at you.

"Let's go then! I don't want to get in trouble with my parents again." You say. Noctis grabs your hand and leads you towards a nearby forest, Prompto following after.

This wasn't the first time you've snuck out with these two. The last time, you got caught by your parents and were forbidden to ever meet with them. But, they were the only ones who became friends with you when you moved to a new school. All the girls bullied you, but Noctis was kind even to protect you from them. He constantly talked to you during the period in between classes. After awhile, he soon introduced you to Prompto. The two of you quickly became friends, since both of you loved dogs.

The three of you walked into the nearby forests. You held onto Prompto's and Noctis' hands tightly, spooked by the random, echoey noises you heard. A nearby owl made a "Whooo" noise, causing you to jump and pull them even closer to you.

"N-Noct are you sure the thing you guys were going to show me is here?" You ask, your eyes starting to tear up.

"f-n, it really isn't that far from here, come on." Noctis answers back, pulling on your arm.

"f-n, are you crying?" Prompto asks as he looks at your eyes.

"N-No..." You sniffle quietly, mentally scolding yourself for being a scaredy-cat.

You feel a pair of arms wrap around your small body. You look up to see Noctis holding you. He strokes your hair softly, trying to calm you down. A few seconds later, tears start streaming down your face. Your tears start staining Noctis sweatshirt, but he doesn't pull away.

"f-n, we're here. You're not alone." Noct says, his voice filled with sincerity.

"Yeah, we'll protect you, always!" Prompto says.

You look behind you, to see Prompto punching the thin air. To your amusement, he loses his balance and falls backward.

"Oooowww!" He exclaims. You giggle, causing him to blush in embarrassment.
Noctis releases you, and pulls Prompto back up on his feet. Prompto wipes the dirt off his pants.

"Do you guys promise to protect me?" You ask with pleading eyes. They both look at you with a shocked expression.

"I promise." Noct says.

"M-Me too!" Prompto adds.

The three of you do a pinky square, to seal their promise.

"C'mon f-n!" Noctis grabs onto your hand and pulls you deeper into the forest.

Time Skip
"Ah, where are they?" You hear Prompto whisper to himself. You see him wander over to nearby bush. He pushes some of it away, to reveal the something they wanted to show you.
You crouch down next to Prompto, and stare in awe at the little creatures. You laugh at how the baby Chocobo chicks swarm around Prompto's hand, like if it was there mother.

"See, it was worth it right?" Noct asks as he crouches next to you.

"Definitely." You reply back. The three of you spend a few minutes playing with the Chocobo chicks.

After that you decide to head back, hoping your parents wouldn't be awake by then. You wave goodbye to them as you open the door to your house. You creep quietly back upstairs. You sigh, when you overhear your dad's snoring. You walk into your room and jump into your bed, too tired to change your clothes.

Time Skip 12 years later
You open your eyes and head outside to go to the marketplace. As you were running there, a pack of sabertusks sensed your presence. You were ambushed by them. You pulled a knife from your bag, trying to hold them back. You heard a gunshot ring nearby, knocking the sabertusk off of you. You feel someone pick you up bridal-style and suddenly feel your body disintegrate. You soon find yourself at a safe distance away from your attackers.

The person gently places you down. You look back at the person, taken back by his appearance. His eyes were red as blood as he stared back at you with worried eyes. He gave you a quick smile before teleporting back to help his friend with the sabertusks. You tried to remember who he reminded you of.

"We promised we'd protect you, didn't we?" You look up, seeing your knights in shining armor.

"Took you guys long enough." You say, pulling them into a tight hug.