Valentine's Day Special

Poking fun at the memorable occasion was a natural habit every approaching year. All the chocolates adorning most local markets and stores, bouquets of an assortment of different flowers carried in glass vases. Couples were roaming about in their own little worlds, giggling amongst themselves without being conscious of their interactions in public. It was annoying to watch. Maybe because no one ever had the guts to propose himself as your valentine, even for one day. One single day wouldn't murder anyone, could it?

The illuminated baton stick was twirled between nimble fingers, gesturing for the luxurious car to pull forward. Being a registered member of the Kingsglaive sure had its perks. The brethren of elite guards, specifically handpicked by the father of the Chosen One. Well, that's what the fairy tales conveyed by young children. For you, it sounded like the complete opposite of what most expected it to be like. Another black car revved its engine, the aroma of burning metal tingling your senses. Natural scent of aiding as wall duty.

"Not much to look at, is there?" A cocky voice inquired, your eyes rolling in annoyance.

"I'm great, Nyx. I swear to the Six I am." Such a white lie.

"And yet you still insisted on joining. Believed that you could enhance the fun experience?" Nyx said, sauntering beside your figure. His hands were folded behind his back, resuming the natural proud stance as a glaive.

"What? You prefer walking around the premises alone without a friend?" You retorted, whacking him on the shoulder with the baton.

With his combat reflexes, Nyx stepped backwards dodging it. "Guess training does pay off once in awhile."

"You just realized that now?" You questioned incredulously, shaking your head in disbelief. The expectations and reasons behind this glaive was far beyond your personal aspect of reality.

It was as if time flew by, the sun beginning to settle halfway behind the horizon casting a pinkish orange highlight across the white clouds in the distance. The sight of the bridge connecting Insomnia to the Duscae region, alongside the breathtaking landscape almost held a credible reasoning for the position as wall duty. Of course, another reason emerged as a familiar luxurious car pulled up, brake lights brightening in red as its wheels paused in movement.

"Good evening to you." Ignis' accent rolled naturally off his tongue, one of his silver gloved hands positioned on the leather driver wheel.

"Mr. Scientia." You spoke with an amused smile, sauntering on beside the Regalia before bending forward to meet his eye level through the open window.

"Noctis and Prompto, needless to say, have been requiring your attention these last hours of Valentine's Day." The bespectacled man reminded, pushing the bridge of his glasses with his middle finger.

Your tongue clicked against the roof of your tongue in utter amusement. Even in the morning, the sound effect of a notification rang every five minutes underneath the leather cardigan of your Kingsglaive garments. A bombardment of text messages and calls spawned in digital text boxes on the screen. A few glaives snickered amongst themselves, earning a harsh threat from your foul mouth.

"The prince and his colleague need more training underneath the virtue of patience." You spoke with a wicked glint of mockery.

Ignis shook his head. "I couldn't agree more. Ah, I almost forgot," His vacant hand roamed the backseat, his slender fingers curling around the requested item to send. "A Valentine gift for his princess."

You grinned inward, plucking the red delicate rose from his possession into your dirt ridden, fingerless gloves. "Send my gratitude to Noctis."

"Prompto also wanted me to lend you this." Your expression illuminated in happiness, receiving the miniature pink teddy bear. Out of all adorableness, it was a custom created present. The plush held a red heart between its paws, a white scripted message sowed into the center.