Tutoring Lessons

Noctis groans, listening Ignis report to him that his father has signed him up for tutoring lessons. His school recently sent out report cards directly to the parents of the students. Let's just say that his math grade wasn't the greatest subject he scored on. Though the only reason why he could never pay attention during math class because his eyes were always more attracted to a certain person in his math class. By the results of the important math test he took last year, his grade was high enough to advance into Algebra.

He was glad to be accepted into the advanced class, but there was a problem. He could never focus on his work during class ever since the teacher sat him next to you. His eyes would constantly take quick glances at you, his eyes attaching back onto the sheet in front of him when he thought that he spotted your eyes shifting towards his direction. He would always lose his cool attitude when ever he was in your presence. Especially when you talked to him.

Too bad for Noctis because, someone else also had eyes for you. The bright ball of sunshine of the school, Prompto. He always walked passed you during periods to change out your books. He watched you intently, feeling a pain strike his heart every time he saw someone threaten you when you disagreed to complete someone else's homework. He seriously just wanted to punch that person in the face for trying to hurt you. Yet, he couldn't. He may be really friendly, but he admits that he's not the most courageous person in the world. He didn't even have the courage to actually talk with you. His hands would get clammy and would stutter so much that he would seem like the shyest person on the planet.

It's like fate was playing a trick on the three of you, but you were assigned by the teacher to tutor the both of them in math. And let's just say you had the slightest, itty-bitty crush on the both of them. You would internally fan girl, when you saw either Noctis or Prompto sneaking glances at you. And you'd teach them after school, alone, in a room, without a teacher. Yup, you wouldn't embarrass yourself at all.

You pushed your glasses back up to the bridge of your nose with a finger, setting the textbooks on top of the three desks. You flinch, hearing a knock at the door. You walk over to the door and open it, your eyes meeting the prince's ones.

"H-Hi, Prince Noctis." You manage to greet, casting your gaze somewhere else.
Noctis sighs, hearing you say hello to him again, using his prince status name. One thing he wished you'd stop doing was addressing him as Prince Noctis rather than his usual preferred nickname, Noct.

"Hey f-n." He says calmly, mentally thanking Etro that he didn't stutter.

"Come on in. Your desk is the one on the left." You say, pointing towards the desks in the back row. Noctis nods his head in response, and sits in his desk, examining the worksheets scattered messily across the desks.

"S-Sorry about the mess. My parents dropped me off here late." You say, shuffling around the papers in a neat stack.

"It's fine f-n. You need any help?" He asks with an amused smile.

"No need. I'm fine Prince Noctis." You reply.

"f-n, what did I say about calling me that?" His voice filled with displeasure.

"Sorry Pr-Noct." You say, immediately correcting yourself from saying prince.

You hear a loud knock at the door, glancing up from sorting the worksheets.

"I'll get it." Noctis says, heading over to the door. He pulls on the doorknob, his eyes widening at the person standing in front of him.

"P-Prompto, what are you doing here?" Noctis asks.

"What are you doing here Noct?" Prompto asks, pointing an accusing finger at him. You join Noctis, smiling sweetly at Prompto.

"Hey Prompto, ready for your tutoring lesson with me and Noct?" You say.