Friends Become More ~Prompto One Shot

For you Prompto lovers, plus I promised from the last part I wrote. Someone from versus XIII is included. Somewhat angsty-ish, I think. I tried. Timeline:College

His coat was stained with salty tears, his hands fisting the cloth of his jeans, messy whimpers and snorts resounding from the blonde. There he was, the usual old sunshine rays of the class crumpled on the floor in a crying mess, skipping two classes in a row. Ever since the break up with Stella Nox Fleuret, sister of Lunafreya, he's been emotionally constricted, a voice repeating the same words over and over and over.

"B-But why?" Prompto questioned, his voice cracking as he stood with a bouquet of roses gripped tightly. The blonde female stood silently, her head tilted towards a nearby window, completely ignoring her boyfriend's question.

"I'm sorry Prompto, please forgive me. You are a simple commoner meanwhile I have the many duties of a princess. I just don't think it'll work out in the end." She said, her blueish purple eyes connecting with the the electric blue eyes of Prompto's.

"We can work it out. I'll pretend to be royalty if that's what you want, just please don't-" "I'm sorry Prompto, but our relationship is over. Maybe another girl would be lucky to have you, but for now, goodbye." Stella walked away, her black skirt swaying along with her movements.

The platinum blonde fell onto his knees, punching the ground with anger. The bought flowers laid abandoned on the floor, the small written letter tied to them.

Happy One Year Anniversary!
Love, your sweetest Chocobo of a boyfriend

He choked on his tears, curling his legs to his chest, ignoring the slow creaking of the janitor door opening.

"You could have chosen a better place to hide." A known voice commented, causing him to look up.
You were standing by Noctis' side, your lips etched into a frown as the raven held the door wide open.

"Prompto, what are you doing? Hiding in here..." You asked, crouching onto your knees as you patted down your school uniform skirt. He sat silently, his head lowered, shielding his expression from your worried gazes.

"Prompto." You said sternly, wrapping your fingers around his wrist.

"Would you guys quit it!" Prompto growled, shoving you onto your back, onto the cold floor.
Noctis swooped his hands under your arms, pulling you back up onto your feet.

"Come on Prom, the teachers are gonna give you detention if you don't come with us." Noctis says, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Then let them. See if I care." Prompto murmured, his voice emotionless and quiet.
You and Noctis exited the room into the student filled hallway, everyone rushing to their lockers, scurrying to their next class.

"Let's go f-n. You can help him once the school is over with." The raven said, tugging at your wrist. You nodded in response, keeping a low profile as you walked through the corridor.

Time Skip
The blonde sat silently on the bench, his eyes gazing contentedly at the cloud coated sky. A sigh slipped passed his chapped lips, his hand briefly skimming over the vacant spot next to him. The world would be totally perfect, if only he had a special someone to share it with by his side. Prompto's eyes flickered curiously at the school girl walking in his direction, her arms overlapping a pile of books, clutching it into her chest. She took a seat beside him, placing the books between the two of them, almost acting like a barrier.

"I brought you your missed homeworks." You said briefly before rising, being pulled back down. Right into his lap. Your hands grabbed onto his shoulders, supporting yourself from falling. Your irises gazed into his sparkly ones, noticing a small, emotion blossoming in them. Admiration.

"How could I have overlooked things? I was chasing someone I could never have, yet the one I always had by my side, I never went after." He murmured softly into your hair, pecking you on the forehead softly.

"Plus, she extremely cute and helpful!" He said in a happy tone, cupping your cheeks with his hands. He pinched them playfully, a smile gracing his lips as you swatted them away, a small smile twitching on your lips.

"Aw come on, you know I didn't mean it f-n. Please, one smile." He says. You continued to frown, averting your gaze from his pleading ones.

"Please. Please. Please. Please." The blonde chanted, ruffling your hair. A smile briefly took over your lips, a toothy grin appearing on his freckled face.

"That's the cute smile I wanna see!" He gushed, pressing his forehead against yours.

"S-Shut up..." You stammered, feeling your cheeks burn.

You felt your cheeks warmth worsen as his chapped lips claimed your own, his fingers brushing against your scalp as he pulled you towards him. A hand tugged at his green tie while the other tugged at his ebony blazer. The both of you pulled back, gazing into each other's eyes lovingly.

"Love you f-n..." He mumbled, his cheeks radiating a light red.

"I love you too Prompto." You pulled him down by his tie, capturing his soft lips again.

Author's Notes
I admit I sped through this one because I wanted to thank you for fifty followers! *random party horn goes off in the background* I very much appreciate all the reads and votes you guys do on my stories. Without the warming conversations and encouraging comments on my stories, I probably wouldn't have written that many parts in my stories, so thank you guys and I'll see you in the next part or story. \^~^/