Intro

"Sometimes the greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in. The ones that sweep you off your feet and challenge every view you've ever had." -Unknown

Being the new kid in school is never easy, and being different than everyone else can come as a challenge as well. Jane taught me that, she taught me to be tougher, to stand my guard and never let anything hurt me. Little does she know she's already done that, and she's taken my heart as a trophy. That was four years ago, and I have yet to recover what was stolen from me. And, once again, I'll be the new kid at school, and I'll be different.

"If anyone ever hurts you," Jane once said as we were sparring in our defense class, "Send them my way, I'll hurt 'em worse." She finished as she sent a left hook my way, which I blocked and retaliated with a kick to her ankle. She didn't know it, but right then and there was when she had captured my heart in her tough, calloused hands. I knew she didn't return my feelings, and I knew how my mother would feel if she knew I had feelings for a girl, so I kept my mouth shut. That was the worst mistake I'd ever made, because that night my mother told me we were moving, and that I wouldn't get to say goodbye to Jane even though I begged. It crushed me, but I knew better than to argue.

After all, everything and everyone that falls ends up breaking.