Chapter 14

"Don't worry when I argue with you; worry when I stop because that means there's nothing left to fight for." -Unknown

Maura's Point Of View:

It's been a week since I told Jane I was adopted, and I've started wonder about my birth parents. Every time I try to find something it's either a sealed file or it's in need of a court order. I have given up, for now at least. I've decided to go get some coffee, to try to ease my nerves. There's a quaint little coffee shop near my house, about five blocks or so down.

Jane's Point Of View:

I get dressed in the best clothes I've got without making me look like I'm trying to hard. I exist my house and get in my pickup truck. I head towards that coffee shop. I think about what I'm gonna say and pray to god I get this job. When I pull up to the coffee shop I see that familiar black car. But when I go inside I don't see the honey blonde so I assume it's a coincidence. I still have five minutes to spare before my interview so I decide to go to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face. I hear groaning coming from an open stall so I decide to check and see what's going on. I push it open slightly and see a familiar honey blonde pushed up against the wall. The girl on the outside has bright auburn hair and has her hands on either side of Maura's head while Maura's hands are on her waist. I clear my throat and the auburn girl, who turns out to be one of Hailey's snobby rich friends, stepped back and look at me. Maura looks shocked, and the other bitch has a smug smirk on her face.

"Jane, it isn't what it looks like." Maura pleads, I storm out of the bathroom and out of the coffee shop.

"Jane wait!" I hear Maura yell. I ignore her and keep walking down the street.

"Jane! Stop!" She yells grabbing my wrist, pulling me back.

"What Maura?!" I scream. I can tell she is taken back by my outburst.

"Jane. It's not what you think." She says

"Really? Cause what I think is that you finally found some rich girl who is like you and will suit you better! I guess it takes rich girls falling to your feet in order for you to be happy!"

"Jane. No! I don't even who she is! I tried pushing her off me! She kissed me!"

"Why don't you just break up with me? Are you just having a vacation in lesbian land? Maybe this was just a fling, and it's run its course. Maybe it's just over." I say totally ignoring what her excuse was.

"Jane no! Please! I don't need anyone else to be happy! I need you! I wouldn't cheat on you. I swear I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. She pinned me against the wall. I tried to push her off but she was too strong."

I scoff, opening my cat door and getting in. I quickly turn it on and start driving. Maura moves out of the way so as not to get run over and I drive out of the parking lot and around the block, looking in the lot to see her car gone. I quickly park and walk in to see I'm about two minutes late for the interview. Not a good start.

After the interview, I head to my best friend's house. When I get there I walk right in like usual and Barry is in his room playing video games.

"Hey, Jane." He says

"Hi." I say in a rather pissy way as I plop on his bed, crossing my arms.

"You good?" He asks pausing his game.

"No."

"Was it the Interview?"

"No, I actually think I might get the job."

"Then what is it?"

"I saw Maura making out with Hailey's side chick."

"What?!" He asks jumping up.