Chapter 11

"I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without a pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat I'll keep choosing you." -Unkown

Jane's Point Of View:

I feel sad after watching The Notebook, as all girls do. I want us to get to that point that we're old and die peacefully holding hands. Tommy and Frankie are beside me, both also crying. Tommy has ugly tears flowing down his cheeks and Frankie looks like a cute little baby crying.
"God, it gets me every time." Tommy says wiping his cheeks.
"You're such a baby." I tease my ten year old brother.
"Am not!" He yells, punching my arm.
"Are too!"
"No!" He screams and jumps on top of me. I push him onto the floor and pin him to the floor.
"Let me go!" He squeals kicking his legs.
"No! Not until you admit you're a baby."
"Frankie! Help me!"
"Hey. You did this to yourself." Frankie says putting his hands up.
"Say it!"
"Never!" He yells holding out the R.
"Jane! Let Tommy go!" Ma yells walking in from the backyard. I let him up and he sticks out his tongue. I run after him up the stairs. He quickly slams his door shut and locks it.

I leave it alone and go back downstairs, jumping off the second to last step, landing firmly on my two feet.
"So, did you get the job?" I ask Ma.
"A matter of fact, I did. I start Monday." She says proudly.
"Ew, Monday. This break has gone by too fast. It's already Saturday." I say flopping on the couch next to her.
"Your Aunt Teresa is coming to town. She is bringing her baby girl, Adrianna."
"She has a baby? Since when?" I ask never hearing about my cousin.
"Yeah. She is six months old. Teresa wants to have sister time since we haven't seen each other for a long time. Would you mind watching Adrianna?" She asks
"Why can't Frankie?"
"He and Tommy are staying at a friends. Please. I'll pay you."
"Fine. Fine. Fine." I say giving in.
"Thank you, sweetie. She will be here at six." She says patting my knee and getting up. She walks up the stairs and shortly after, I heard the shower turn on. I take out my phone and glance at the time, 4:30 P.M.

Maura's Point Of View:

I have just finished watching The Notebook, and I've got tears down my face and countless tissues on the ground. I stare into the black abyss of the screen with swirls of white from the words. I don't bother trying to read them, because my mind is elsewhere. In my mind, Jane and I are both rocking in chairs at a Nursing Home. I'm knitting and Jane is playing on some sort of device.
"Maura, dear, what's wrong?" I hear my mother say, and I sniffle.
"Just watching a sad movie, is all. I'm alright." In all honesty, it wasn't even the movie itself that's making me cry, but the thought that everybody is going to die some day, through natural causes or something else.
"Alright, Maura. Your father and I are going on a date night, so you'll have the house to yourself. No parties." She says, and I nod before she shuts the door and I go back to unattractively bawling my eyes out. My phone rings and I pick it up before putting it next to my ear, clearing my throats and saying, "Isles- I mean Maura speaking."
"Hey, Maur, I was wondering if you'd like to come over. Maybe we can... I dunno, watch something or play with something or, you know what, how 'bout you just get over here and we'll see." Jane says, and I nod before talking.
"Sure, I'll be over in a bit." I say and walk outside with my keys, phone, and jacket. I lock the door and click the open lock button on my car remote before I hop in.

The drive to Jane's house is short. After I arrive at Jane's house, I knock on her front door. Within a few seconds the front door opens and Jane appears with a baby strapped to her hip.
"Hi. Please, come in." She says allowing me to come in.
"Jane? Is there something you need to tell me?" I ask not knowing why Jane has a baby.
"This is Adrianna. She is my aunt's baby. She's six months. Ma and my aunt went out for a girls night cause we haven't seen her in a long time. I got stuck babysitting." She explains. The baby has a white onesie dress with pink flamingos all over it, a light pink cover up with white polka dots on it, a pink bow on her head, pink and white booty socks with a pink bear face, and little diamond earrings. She has olive skin, little dark brown curls, and big brown eyes.
"I can see the family resemblance," I say noticing the family traits. "Mainly the olive skin, brown eyes, and thick dark hair."
"That's an Italian family for you."
"She's adorable." I say taking my index finger and tickling her tummy. She gives starts giggling.