33

Maybe it would've been better if they hadn't met.

Maybe it would've been better if Levi had went home early that night instead of staying late to take Eren's statement.

Maybe it would've been better if Levi had acted like he didn't care about Eren's hardships, like he didn't wish on everything that it would somehow get better for the brunette.

Maybe it would've been better if he hadn't let Eren in that night, if he had just closed the door and left the bruised and broken boy on his doorstep.

Maybe it would've been better if Levi hadn't grown attached, if he hadn't fallen for the green eyed beauty.

Maybe the alcohol and lonely days were getting to Levi-

"Ackerman, are you listening?"

Levi stopped pushing around the ice in glass to look up at the captain.

"No." Levi muttered looking back at his glass of water.

With a sigh the captain continued, "Ackerman I understand how you feel-"

"You do? Well then tell me how did you feel when your lover was kidnapped?"

"-But," Captain Myers continued, unfazed by Levi's words, "what you did to Ms Zoë was uncalled for."

Levi rolled his eyes, "She deserved every bit of it and more," Levi eyed his captain in annoyance, "Is this all you called me in for?"

"Well no, it's about Mr Jaeger, we may have a lead."