37

You've lost interest I bet, therefore I lose motivation...

_

tap tap tap

The gloomy raven's shoe tapped against the white floor, his lip held between his pearly whites as his arms hugged around himself.

Oh boy

Why are you like this Levi? So close to a mental breakdown when you're merely a bystander in the situation?

Pathetic is what anyone should think.

But they haven't been through so this have they.

Exactly. They haven't.

You're brave, even with the nervous sweat tricking down your furrowed brow, even when you hold yourself tighter trying to stop your body from shaking.

You're brave.

"Where is he?!"

A lady, of average height and deep caramel hair storms down the hall.

Levi, don't look.

His silver eyes snapped away from the ground, looking the woman in the face as she continued to have a heated argument with a nurse.

But you did anyway.

She's familiar isn't she, that hair.

Ah, just the sight of this woman's brown locks has you on your feet, Levi.

"Y-you're.." Levi stubbled towards the woman, his eyes wide and glossy as he fumbled for words.

The nurse clears her throat, "Miss, you can wait here with Mr Ackerman." She says walking away, "I'll be sure to inform you of when something happens."

"..so much.." He inches closer to the brunette lady.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Levi, taking a cautious step back.

"..like him.."

click, another piece has been connected

"You know my son..? Eren?"

What sounded more like raspy gasps for air rather than a chuckle left Levi's mouth.

"Know him? That brat..he has my heart in his hands..and he doesn't even know...how much cracks he's engraved in the fragile thing.."