Halla is being dragged into the house.

She has done it all wrong again. How could she have mixed the alcohol up?

When her mother asks her to bring her a glass, she brings it.

She tries not to scream as her mother pulls her hair whilst cursing. She tries to run away but her mom alway catches her. Halla is strong, don't get me wrong but against her mother she does not dare to raise a finger.

Because she knows the consequences, because she loves her.

Halla POV

"Mom, pleaase, I'm sorry", slips out of my mouth. I shouldn't have said that. I flinch as she raises her hand. I feel the mark on my skin. She lets go of me and steps back, cursing. She is mad at me, now because the mark is visible. It burns bright red on my cheek.

I can still see it in her eyes, though.

She hates herself for it, she is disgusted.

We make eye contact for a few seconds, before she turns around.

I sigh. I still sometimes think, she would go back to normal. I go to the bathroom and check up. Bright red. And tomorrow's the first day in school.

Hell yeah. This is going to be amazing.

I quickly put my earplugs in and storm out of the house, saying a little "bye" to my mom. She whispers something back, which I don't get.

Dean blasts loud his "I'm not sorry" into my ear as I speed up. It is dark, but I believe I can see better than at day. The night has something that screams whilst the day only talks to me in short sentences, which I don't understand. I hear my own steps and look to the sky.

It is dark. I can make out grey clouds, promising a storm and- oh, there we go.

I lower my head and put my hoodie on.

Can't say, that I don't like it.

The thunder growls, as I make my way to a still burning street lamp. The only one in this street. I cock my eyebrow in surprise. I sit down on the sidewalk, watching the rain. It doesn't bother me though.

I was never a sunny person.

My thoughts slowly drift to tomorrow, thinking of that first day in my new school.

Oh snap.

I look at the noise and see a few men approaching me, eyeing me. I turn, so that they can't get a good look of me, as I feel really uncomfortable right now.

Buttttt when I look at them, they are still there, looking at me with a, in my opinion, disgusting look on their faces.

I sigh, closing my eyes slowly.

"Please just go away", I say with a pleading tone in my voice, knowing that it is pointless.

One of them starts smirking and approaching me even closer. So close, his face is right in front of mine, so close, I can feel the alcohol, so close I can hear his whisper in my ear.

"Why"

"P-please" I say again. My heart is beating out of my chest.

"Oh but cutie," he whispers in my face, the smirk growing bigger.

"Don't you wanna have some fun?" He touches my shoulder, his thumb rubbing over the fabric of my hoodie.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit...