Trece

Kassandra

I had a choice. I could've stayed in the room with Ghost and seduced him, or I could've faked tiredness and made him leave so I could "sleep".

Surprisingly, I chose the second option. I faked being tired and Ghost eventually left, closing the door behind him. I waited and waited for I know three hours before there was complete silence throughout the house.

Then I made my move. I put Ghost's jacket and my sandals back on. I need to get me some J's, I can't be covert if I'm in sandals. But anyway, I tied my hair back up in the cap and put the sunglasses back on. I kissed at myself in the mirror before getting my .9mm and putting it in my waistband. I quietly went down the steps. Pretty dumb for Valentina to leave her car keys on the kitchen table. I went into the living room to the house phone. I dialed Ken's number.

"..Hello?"

"If you can get to the hospital before I can, maybe you can stop me." I told him.

"Huh? What are you talkin about Kassandra?"

"Breathing never worked for me, Kenny and you know that. I don't like it when Zeke gets distracted, so I'm gonna have to get rid of the distraction. Bye." I whispered before hanging up the phone and quietly walking out the front door, closing it back without making a sound. I got in Val's car and made my way over to the hospital.

I remembered something Zeke told me about Patrice always working late during the week. I got to the hospital and went up to the floor where she worked. She wasn't at her desk so I just sat in her seat and waited. Her triflin ass was probably on a smoke break or something.

My hunch was confirmed when she came back to the desk smellin like straight up nicotine. She stopped in her tracks when she saw me.

"Kassandra? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here to see you, Patrice. How ya doin?"

"You not supposed to be here, Kassandra. I could lose my job."

"You about to lose your life if you don't shut up. Now, has Zeke said anything about me lately?" I checked to make sure my gun was off safety and loaded. Sure enough, it was.

"No, I don't know. Not really." She said.

"That answer isn't sufficient enough." I aimed my gun at her. Her eyes got big.

"Okay okay! Yesterday I asked him why he hadn't mentioned you and he told me you were gone and he kinda smiled a little bit. Then earlier he thought he saw you here and was really angry about it and said he wasn't about to be played with. I haven't seen him in hours." She said.

"You're lying."

"Why would I lie when you got a gun pointed at my face? Kassandra I hate to break it to you but I don't think Zeke is down for you anymore, I ended shit wit him today and I suggest you do the same."

"Are you really tryna give me instructions right now?" I got up and walked around to her as she backed up. "Move again and you get your head blown off, understand?"

"Yes."

"Good, now explain why you broke up with him."

"C-Cause he wasn't loyal." She said.

"You were his hoe, loyalty wasn't in y'all lil agreement." I told her.

"I wasn't talking about being loyal to me." She stared at me, shaking her head. "He told me what happened to you..and he kept on smiling like it was funny. He slapped me when I told him he wouldn't be anything without you. You can do better, Kassandr--"