Diecinueve

• Dedicated to Those who waited

Kassandra 

Later that night, Val came into my room with a plate of food. I stared at it. 

"You can't eat Hot Cheetos for the rest of your life Kassandra, it's unhealthy." She told me. 

"So is not eating at all." I smirked at her.  

She sighed and set the plate down on the bedside table. "Look, I don't know what my sister did to you but whatever it was, push it to the back of your mind and eat. I'm not her okay, just eat it." 

After she left I stared at the plate filled with steak and Caesar salad. I don't know how she knew that was my favorite food. I decided to eat it, considering the fact that I was starving and the Cheetos didn't hit the spot this time like they normally do.  

Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't mad at anybody but myself.  

I'm not mad at Zeke because I shouldn't have ignored the signs that he was and has always been betraying me.  

I'm not mad at Malena because I should've went to the police - shit, Ken - about what she did to me at Pilgrims. If I had done that then things might have been different.  

I'm not mad at Vic, Ghost or Val..not even Kenneth or Yaz. Again, it's my fault for being so oblivious and stupid.  

The food was so fucking good so I went downstairs to get some more. Val was there, refilling her plate as well I suppose.  

"You want some more? I'm flattered." She said. I chuckled lightly and began to put another steak on my plate as well as some more salad.  

"You like lasagna?" She asked me. I nodded. "Good, I'm gonna get G to make his lasagna tomorrow." 

"Ghost can cook?" 

"Yeah, he's good at that." 

"Among other things," I mumbled. 

"Well I wouldn't know anything about that." 

"Be honest, the two of you have never done anythi—" 

"Ew no, that would be like having sex with my brother. That's just weird." She said. I guess that makes sense. I never wanted to have sex with Zeke for the same reasons.  

"I see you moved the knife holder." I said, looking at the now empty spot on the counter. 

"Oh yeah, Bri keeps trying to reach up there. I don't want her hurting herself, ya know?" 

I nodded quietly as I took a seat at the kitchen table. "That's good parenting," 

"You know one day you—" 

"I don't wanna hear that right now Val, please?" 

"Well I was just saying because—" 

"I know everything that comes out of my mouth sounds sarcastic, but it's really not." I told her. "I thought you moved it because of me, that's why I brought it up." 

"I know you wouldn't do nothing stupid like that. You need steak sauce?" She asked, I nodded. She grabbed her plate and the steak sauce out of the pantry before setting it down at the end of the table so I could get it myself. She waited until I got it to sit down and I really appreciated that.  

"Thank you, Valentina." I sighed in appreciation and satisfaction. 

"No problem, can I sit next to you?" 

If only Ghost had the decency to ask me if I was comfortable with certain things like Val did. I told her yes and she moved to the seat to my right, since I was sitting at the end of the table.