Quince

Ghost

"Kassandra stop!"

She was beating the hell out of me with her fists and the shit was hurting like a bitch.

"Put me down! He's gonna kill me Elliott let me the fuck go!" She shouted. Damn she is strong. I didn't even want to know how she knew my real name. Gradually she stopped fighting me and remained still in my arms as she sobbed silently. "You don't get it...he's gonna kill me."

I let her go and she collapsed onto the floor. Looking at her as she brought her knees up to her chest I did what I knew was right. I walked over to the shopping bags and grabbed her pill bottle from inside. I went back to her and opened it.

"Open," I told her as I held the capsule in my hand. She opened her mouth and swallowed the pill with ease. "You done fighting me now?"

"He's gonna kill me, he knows I'm with Val and h-he knew that someone would show Val the picture of what he d-drew on her. He's playing with m-me b-because he knows I haven't been taking my meds.....he's b-been playing with me this whole time."

"Tell me what it means, Kass." 

"W-we use that to use that we're about to get to someone. We put the victim's first initial in the center of the X and our initial on the top legs." She mumbled. "My name was in the center and his was on the top...h-he's gonna find me and kill me."

I got up about to walk out of the room to talk to Vic but she grabbed my arm, telling me not to leave her by herself.

"I'll be right back Kassandra."

"No you won't, you're not gonna come back! Don't leave..please." She begged. "Just tell Vic to come in here."

Damn, Vic was right. She does know.

"I gotta pee and I'm leaving the door open so I know you're here."

She crawled over to the bathroom and left the door open as she pissed. I stood there and watched her the entire time as she handled her business and washed her hands. I knocked on the bedroom door because I knew Vic was standing near the door. It opened and he walked in as Kassandra came out the bathroom. She sat down on the carpet right outside the bathroom and stared at us. 

"You look good for someone who's supposed to be dead." She told him.

"So do you." 

Val came into the room and tried to pull the both of us out but Kassandra screamed No. 

"I have a friend that's coming over to talk to her, he's outside." Val told me in Spanish. 

"C'mon Uncle Kenny!" I heard Sabrina say as she came up the stairs. I looked out of the door and saw Kenneth and another girl coming up the stairs behind her. What the fuck? 

"Go to your room Bri." He told her. She pouted and skipped down the hall to her bedroom. Kassandra stood up and ran behind Vic when she saw Ken and the girl come into the room. 

"Fuck you standin' behind him for?" The girl asked her.

"Get from behind him Sandra." Ken told her. 

"No, can I just apo--"

"We didn't come here to hear no apology Kassandra, get from behind him." 

Vic wasn't about to defend her ass anyways because he moved. As soon as he moved Kassandra ran over to the bathroom and slammed the door. Ken looked around the room and picked her pill bottle off the floor. The girl looked at the nightstand and narrowed her eyes. She walked over to it and picked up Kassandra's tongue piercing.