Chapter 4

-Hailee-

I got Leila in my car as I got in as I made sure I had everything; keys, phone, money that Craig told me I could get some for shopping, DS for Leila, Monster for me, I got everything. I got out made sure the door was locked as we headed for LA to hang out with Austin Carlile for the day. Though we had to be back by tonight because we both have school; I backed out of the driveway as I started driving to Cali.

_Skipping boring drive_

Leila was asleep as I got to Starbucks and texted Austin that I was here; Leila woke as she got out of the car along with me. "Can I get hot chocolate?" I nodded as we headed inside I got Leila her hot chocolate and I got myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I paid for it as I saw Austin, "Hi." I said as he looked at me and smiled. "Hi." I bit my lip as I saw Leila's hot chocolate. "Here hun." I said as Leila giggled at me as I handed it to her. "You guys ready?" "Almost I said as I grabbed my Pumpkin spice Latte. "What are we doing today?" I asked him as he smiled. "Parking the cars at my house and walking around." As Leila said, "And shopping!" I laughed. "And shopping." She smiled as I followed Austin to his house.

I parked my car as Leila handed me her cup, "Done?" She shook her head as she got out as I did also as Leila grabbed her Hot Chocolate from me as she held my hand as we started to walk. "so your Leila's adopted sister." I nodded. We walked around for a while as I accidently bumped into Austin. "Sorry." I said as he smiled. "it's no problem." I smiled as Leila giggled at me; "Ready to go shopping?" She nodded as we followed Austin to the mall. We shopped for a bit; as we went to the food court we ate as Leila was happily eating. "So how old are you?" he asked as I looked at him. "I just turned 18 two days ago." I said as he nodded; and fell into deep thought. I shrugged as I ate half my subway as Austin and Leila had Chic-fil-a

When we finished we went back to Austin's house and put everything in the car; "Thanks Austin." Leila giggled as she got into the car. "Yes, Thank you Austin." I giggled as he smiled hugely at me as I giggled softly. I kissed his cheek before I got into my car. He smiled at me as I waved, Leila also waved as I backed out of the drive way. "Sissy?" "Yeah Leila?" I asked as she smiled at me. "Do you like him?" I blushed as l looked at her quickly through the review mirror. "He's a friend hun." She nodded but giggled. "I don't wanna go to school tomorrow." She said as I came to a Red Light. I handed her my phone as she called her dad. She told him that I kissed Austin's cheek, I blushed and shook my head; When she finally hung up she said, "Dad wants you to call him when we get back." I nodded as I drove all the way back to Phoenix. When we got home Leila and I went inside with the bags.

We saw Gabby as Leila went straight to her room; "Where were you?" she asked, "Dad didn't tell you?" I asked as she looked confused. She opened her mouth than closed it again. "Never mind off to bed please." I nodded as I went into my room and texted Austin back. I took a very hot shower and changed into my Hello Kitty Pajama lace set I put my Sleeping With Sirens Sleeveless hoodie on. I called my father. "hey Hailee." He said, "Hello father. Am I in trouble?" I asked as he sighed. "No I just wanted to know why you kissed Austin." I blushed like crazy. "I didn't kiss his lips or anything dang. I just gave him a peck on the cheek as a thank you." I told him as he chuckled. "I bet you text him a lot now." I pouted. "Because he's a friend." 'and a cute one at that...' I thought as he chuckled. "Did Gabby yell at you?" "She was going to till I asked her if you told her than she just told me to go to bed." I said as someone knocked on my window. I jumped as I saw Jordan. I shook my head as he raised his eyebrow. "Dad?" I asked as he coughed, "Yeah?" "what if I told you I was about to leave the house." "I would tell you that Gabby will be after your ass." I sighed. "Fine." he laughed.

"You have school in the morning anyway and if your friends at the house again you better tell them to run because Gabby is going to be up till you are." "Okay. Have fun tell Max I say hi again!!!" I giggled. "Again?" "I met him before he got kicked out." I said as he chuckled. "If he remembers you." "He will just tell him that the girl with blue hair and told him that he was fucking hot says hello." He choked. "what!" "What I was like in my preteens I think or early teens and you have to admit you would do him if he was gay." I could tell he just shaking his head at me. "Okay I'll change it to TJ for you than any guy would go gay for him." I said as he laughed. "Hey Max!" "what?" "do you remember a preteen or early teen girl with blue hair that called you fucking hot?" he laughed. "Yeah why?" "She's my adopted daughter." Than I heard everything get silent....I opened my window. "get out of here my mom is going to kill you." "Here take this." He said laughing. "Trust me it helps." I rolled my eyes. "I know it helps you dumb!" "Hailee I hope you know you didn't mute me or anything and your on speaker..."

I blushed. "Get out of here Jordan!" I said as he just laughed. "See you around Hailee." I shook my head. "Men...I swear." I said as I shut my window. "Who are you talking to in there Hailee." "Dad ad who ever else is listening on the other end." I said as I heard them laugh. "Well you have school tomorrow." "I know that." I said as I looked in my hands. "Shit!" I randomly said as I was looking for a hiding spot for the weed Jordan gave me. "Put it in your dresser...whatever it is." I heard Max say followed by dad. "It better not be drugs." "But I love that band." I whined as Craig snorted at me. I put it in my dresser; I got my Red and Black Nail polish. "Hey Max nice to talk to you again." I said as he laughed. "Likewise your all grown up." I laughed. "Shut up!" he chuckled. "so what grade you in?" "11th." I said as I painted my nails. "You driving Leila to school?" "I donno but this morning I think Gabby scared the shit out of Leila when she started yelling at me and Leila hid under my covers crying." "Well how much dd you two spend today?" "Uhm I still have about $20, or $40. I was going to use it for gas for the weekend." "For what you seeing Austin again?" I didn't say anything. "YOU ARE!!!!" Max yelled laughing. "What's going on in here?" "picking on my adopted daughter."

Craig told him as I pouted. "I have to go anyway I have school in the morning and I'll probably wake around 4am again since I never sleep long." "Alright, sleep well." Dad said as TJ and Max just said bye. I crawled into bed as I just laid there I couldn't sleep like usual so I got out my phone plugging my headphones off my floor. I plugged them in as I listened to Dayshell and some random song from Of Mice & Men, and his old band Covette. His voice always puts me to sleep. I woke about 4am like always I changed into my High Rise Skinnies (Levi's) my 'Imagine Living Like A King' Pierce The Veil shirt. I walked into my bathroom turning on my curling iron as I sighed so tired but it's become such a habit that I have to wake everyday at 4am. I curled the bottoms of my hair as I put on my Pierce The Veil hat. I did my make up, made sure my curling iron was off as I put my Hypnotice Poison perfume on as I looked in my room. I want to sleep so bad but if I do I'll have nightmares...I texted Austin like always as he called me. "Why aren't you asleep." I sghed. "It's a habbit I always have nightmares if I sleep longer. My past comes to haunt my ass if I sleep any longer." He sighed. "Alright well did Craig give you the okay?"

"Well he didn't say anything about it he'll probably call mom to talk about it." "Alright if you can't I'll just drive to Phoenix." I giggled softly. "I'll have to believe it when I see it Carlile." I said as he laughed at me. "Fine I'll see you this weekend." I smiled. "I'll see you than." I said as we hung up as I texted dad the plan as he called me. "What are you doing up?" I asked. "Gabby called saying you called someone." "I haven't called anyone Austin called than you did and why is she up?" "She heard your phone from upstairs." "Oh dear god don't tell me my room is above yours." He laughed. "No Leila's is above yours and she had to go pee." "Nice to know." I said as he laughed tiredly. "Go to bed dad." I said. "Why are you up?" he asked me. "I have nightmares if I sleep past 4am." He sighed. "Alright I'll see you in about a week or so when we have the day off." "Okay I'll see you than but I'm sure you'll call me this weekend to bug the hell out of me." I said as he laughed. "probably." He said as we both finally said goodbye as I sat in bed and watched a bit of TV before I had to go to hell...I mean school.