Chapter 20

-Hailee-

They ran a lot of tests as the doctor came back in with a frown on her face, “Hailee I’m sorry to say this but your heart…It’s in full rejection.” I cried as dad looked at me. “Is there something we can do?” “I’m sorry…but there is nothing we can do.” I cried harder as dad hugged me. “Sh.” He whispered. “How many days?” Dad asked. “A few…” “Will she be able to come home?” “Yes.” The doctor said as dad nodded as he kissed my head and left the room.

-Craig-

I called Ronnie, “Hey man.” “Ronnie can you call as many of the bands as you can?” “Why? What’s going on?” “I need to do something for Hailee I’ll tell you the rest when I see you.” “Alright.” He said as we hung up. I saw Gabby who held Caige and Leila. “Please sit…” I croaked as they looked at me. “Please.” They nodded and sat. “Hailee…her heart is in full rejection and the doctor said there was nothing that we can do.” Gabby started sobbing as Leila looked at Hailee as she ran into her room. I felt the tears run down my cheeks as Gabby looked at me. “What are we going to do?” “I’m setting up a concert for her.” She looked at me. “With as many bands as possible.” She nodded.

-A couple days later-

We got to the Venue and Hailee looked sick…I didn’t want to see her like this… I saw all the fans waiting for us to tell them what is going one along with the bands. “You ready hail?” She looked at me she had bags under her eyes and very sickly pale. Max and TJ helped me get her out. We all walked out and put her on the chair in the middle of the stage. I couldn’t stop crying as I went to the mic. It took me a copule minutes to get together. “Today we are all here for Hailee. Her body is rejecting her heart and she could…” I had to stop as TJ hugged me. “She could pass before we find anything to help her.” “This is her last concert.” I whispered as I went over to Hailee as she tried to smile. I kissed her head. As the bands play you could see the happiness on her face. This is the last time I get to see her smile. The last time I’ll ever hear her talk.” I wanted to cry so bad as I just looked around as I couldn’t help but sob. Leila won’t have an older sister anymore…Caige will never know Hailee… Leila came over to me as she hugged me. “Why does sissy have to go to heaven?” she asked as I looked at her. “I don’t know sweetie.” I told her as she hugged me.

I looked at Hailee who started to look worse…

-A few weeks later-

Hailee died that day… she died happy watching her favorite band play…Today is her funeral. I straightened my tux as I looked at Leila who hasn’t slept she kept having nightmares. Every time she sleeps it gets worse she loved…Loves Hailee she was Leila’s big sister did everything with her. Gabby was now ready along with Caige. I looked out the window. “Daddy?” “Yeah Leila?” “Did you get the Lotus flowers?” I nodded. “yeah I put them in the fridge.” She nodded as she went to the fridge. Once she came back we left. Everyone asked me why I put her in her favorite Skinnies and her favorite shirt…Hailee loved being different she always has, so we let her go in her favorite clothes. Hailee had all kinds of favorite flowers; but her real favorite where Lotus flowers. I drove us to the cemetery as I saw a lot of people…friends…even Hailee’s real family was here. I got distracted when the priest started talking. After a while I heard. “Hailee’s little sister Leila would like to say something.”

-Leila-

I walked over to wear the priest was as I looked at everyone who was there. I gulped because of the crowd but I said,

“Hailee was my older sister, I knew right away that I wanted my mom and dad to adopt her, it didn’t take very long when I saw her again she went to my daddy’s concert and my dad saw how well my sister and I connected. When she got adopted and came home she lived the way she wanted to though she never told us about her heart she helped me with so much she helped me with my art project; she and my dad are my hero’s for everything they have been through. My sister she meant everything to me, she did so much for me and my parents. She took care of me when mom went to see my dad, she helped me do my chores and helped me with my homework. Helped me keep in touch with my dad when he was on tour. She will always be my sister and always be my hero.”

I said as I walked over to the casket thing as I put the lotus flowers on it. I cried as I walked over to dad.

-Craig-

When the funeral was over we gathered at the Venue to morn and talk share stories about her…

=YEARS LATER=

~Leila~

I was at my sisters grave as I put down Lotus’ for her as my little brother came up to me, “What did she look like?” “Caige she was beautiful…Let me tell you the story of how we adopted Her.” I said as I started on the story.