Kissing, Teasing and Rejection

Since Orlando had left, unabashed, after teaching me to sword fight and then shamelessly asking me out, not even wincing at the rejection I had responded with, my somewhat brief time on the set had been tiring to say the least. After finding the basic skills Orlando, and Johnny for that matter, had coached me on satisfactory, Gore decided to send me off along with Keira and Johnny to another part of the island to shoot a sword fighting scene. For this I'd had to have extensive training beforehand on where to step and run, and what positions to stand in, before we could finally shoot later that evening, when night was beginning to fall.

At least I was now back to chatting with Johnny again, something my week had severely lacked. He calmly practiced along with me though he didn't particularly need to, giving me gentle tips instead of just fighting me and getting competitive as Orlando had done, until we shot the entire sequence; a scene in which Elizabeth and Annette battled each other, unaware that they were both literally in the same boat...both about to join Jack Sparrows crew and ship as they were both acquainted with the Captain. Elizabeth, however, had turned on Annette, taking her as an enemy and drawing her sword for defense, hence the sword fighting lessons. The scene finished with Jack intercepting the heated fight.

By the time we had cut and called it a day after shooting a good take, we were all utterly exhausted, though I still felt somewhat exhilarated. We returned to the set, and I made my way to my trailer, full of energy still. I changed out of my costume quickly, sat down on the bed and lay back, staring up at the ceiling, not bothering to sweep the script, assorted socks and hairbrush off the end of my bed. I smiled, thinking of the fun Keira, Johnny and I had had tonight filming, Keira muffling her laughter at my enthusiasm through our fighting scene while Johnny watched amused...

My mind strayed to thinking of how comfortable my pillow was...how heavy my eyelids suddenly felt...

I opened my eyes blearily, and ran my fingertips across my face, feeling traces of the perfectly applied set-make-up that I had poorly washed off last night still lingering on my cheeks and eyes. I sat up stiffly, noticing that I was still laying on top of my covers in the position I had settled myself in last night after filming, and heard a crackle of paper as I moved my leg, rustling the pages of the script I had left on the end of the bed last night. I stretched before snatching it up, wanting to quickly run through it and see which scenes had already been shot and which ones were left. I flicked through it idly and my eyes fell on some writing in bold, causing me to hesitate. Kissing Scene.

Hmm, that was weird...I hadn't spotted this all of those times I'd flitted through the pages...

I grinned, crossing my legs absentmindedly as I huddled over the open booklet, my eyes flitting eagerly across the page, dying to know who had this scene.

Jack Sparrow: (smugly) Well, missy...looks like you are out of luck for once, whereas I on the other hand...well I'm directly in it!

(Jack moves forward, causing Annette to recoil from him. The two back into the railings. Annette is clearly nervous; Jack strokes her hair and she slaps his hand away disdainfully.)

Jack Sparrow: (seemingly bored) Ah, Miss Silva. Why do you keep running from me? Give in!

Annette Silva: (close to tears, in a whisper) I'm running...because...I'm afraid.

Jack Sparrow: (taken aback) Of what?

Annette Silva: (softly) Of what I'm about to do.

(Annette leans towards Jack and kisses him almost uncertainly, but it soon deepens-

I closed my eyes, not wanting to read any more. I was going to have to kiss Johnny? Me and Johnny Depp, my best friend? That was not-

"Alice?" I heard Johnny's voice call from outside my door, slightly muffled. "Can I come in?"