Pirates, Premieres And Power Outs

After what seemed like the longest return flight in history, which consisted of Keira and Orlando having first choice of seats and insisting on the two behind Johnny and I, for which it soon became evident that the only purpose of this was to gleefully kick the back of an already hung-over, slightly irritable and still cigarette-deprived Johnny's chair, causing him to groan with annoyance every time, the flight wasn't shaping up to be the biggest laugh ever. Added to this already pleasurable occasion was me handing him stick after stick of chewing gum to compensate for his lack of nicotine, as meanwhile he failed miserably in consoling me on my now non-existent love life, seeming bored or maybe just plain distracted by a sulking Vanessa who had been seated next to an equally glum Jack Davenport. She had not been happy by the seating arrangements as I had predicted, and had not said two words to me all day, not that she'd even needed to; we'd all heard her indignant wails and shrieks from several hundred yards away after Johnny had explained to her that he would in fact be sitting next to me today. This was incidentally the only thing he remembered from last night, the dance we had shared seemingly forgotten and unimportant.

In the middle of the flight, Vanessa put on a slightly sickening display, whimpering and reaching for Johnny's hand through the seats as she suddenly, miraculously remembered she was 'terrified of flying', though strangely she had forgotten about this phobia until halfway through the damned thing. She continued this shameless performance that seemed to have even Johnny himself cringing with sheer embarrassment until we finally arrived in London, our small plane touching down softly on the tarmac of the runway. I breathed a visible sigh of relief, realizing I was now free to escape the glowers Vanessa had been sneakily shooting through the gap in the seats at me, and glanced out of the window at my country, which looked depressingly gray and insipid compared to the colorful Caribbean we'd left. Luckily, the brown paper bag had stayed stuffed in my handbag throughout the entirety of the flight.

We made our way off the plane, Johnny looking immensely relieved to do so, and headed down the cool metal steps to the tarmac where Orlando pulled a jumper out of his bag which he kindly handed to a worried-looking and shivering Keira, despite the fact his newly tanned skin was breaking out into goose pimples also at the change in climate.

"What's wrong?" I asked Keira as she gnawed on her lip anxiously.

"Oh, it's nothing..." she mumbled, but I shot her a disbelieving look. "Okay, it's something," she admitted. "Orlando and I still don't have anywhere to stay before the big screening, and there's no point traveling all the way home, but there's hardly any rooms in good hotels either," she muttered in annoyance. I watched her for a few moments, thinking hard on how it would be possible to solve their problem.

"You two can come crash at my place for a couple of days if you want? Just for convenience?" I suggested to both of them suddenly. They shot each other looks, trying to silently weigh up their best options, before Orlando grinned at me gratefully.

"Okay, only for a few days then...that could be fun...we don't want to like...be a burden though!" He smiled, and I grinned back at him, glad to have some company. It had been years since I'd had a room-mate.

"And I'll take you dress-shopping for the Premiere on Saturday!" Keira piped up happily.

Ah yes. The Premiere that was taking place in just two days time. That little casual reminder Keira had just given me had made my heart jump up to my throat in fear.

"After the Premiere, I was rather hoping we could meet to discuss how it went," Gore chipped in. "How about straight away on the Sunday? Just to run over things, if everything went smoothly and according to plan, and whatnot...and what the audience's reaction was to the movie. I hope you'll all be taking note of the compliments and criticism people give to you afterwords!" He smiled awkwardly, obviously hoping the majority of comments wouldn't fall into the latter category.