(32) Stood Up

Jack and Mark have dates with separate people but both get stood up.

Jack sat at the wooden table, his fingers drumming into it nervously. He was meant to be meeting somebody but as the clock ticked it seemed less and less likely. He knew he shouldn't have trusted online dating, but oh no - he should meet new people! He rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. He looked around the small quiet bar, noticing a man standing at it who looked just as nervous as Jack was. Slowly, Jack decided he needed a drink and so walked up to the bar to stand beside the red headed man. Something about this man was rather fascinating and inviting. Jack decided he wasn't going to be meeting his date and so politely asked the man if he wanted a drink. He shyly rubbed the back of his neck and nodded; "Thanks...-" "Jack." He smiled, turning to order the drinks. "Mark."
They sat at the table with there drinks, Casually chatting as if they didn't just meet moments ago.
"So, Jack? What brought to this bar?" Mark asked, taking a sip of his non alcoholic beverage, not wanting to ask where Jack was from in case it was too forward. Jack rubbed the back of his neck, It seemed to be a twitch of his. "I, uh, was meant to be meeting someone but they never showed." "Well, We're in the same boat then, huh?" Jack nearly spat out his beer, now who in the right mind would stand up this man? From the dyed hair on his head, To his muscular build and the welcoming smile on his face, He seemed all round inviting.
-.
Jack and Mark got to know each other as Jack got progressively more drunk. Mark decided the man had filled his boots enough and decided to take him home. "Jack where do you live? I want to take you home." Jack giggled, "You can definitely take me home!" Mark blushed, "No, No I- Just give me your address." Jack finally gave Mark his address and they walked to Jacks, Who was constantly winking at Mark to the point where he was scared Jack was having a stroke. He wasn't, and he spent about five minutes trying to unlock his door but when he did, the man stumbled into the living room and ran to his bedroom to which Mark chased him trying to explain things. Jack fell onto the bed. "Go to sleep, Jack you're so drunk and have something in your eye." "But Maaarrrkkkk." Mark shook his head, and turned off the lights. He'd sleep on the couch - he barely knew Jack and respected him more than that. In the morning Jack woke up, surprised to the see the red headed male on his couch. Yet he smiled happily. Mark did the right thing and Jack decided to make him breakfast. He was expecting an awkward "Good morning" but instead Mark was bright and cheery. Jack was actually glad he got stood up.

And that's how the pair fell in love, thank god they both got stood up. It wasn't exactly a fairy tale romance but hey, not all love stories have a big hullabaloo.