(41) Insane.

I apologize for this one, its angst yo.

Jack was a lunatic locked away in an asylum, The reason unrelated. He stared at the same beige colored four walls everyday and it well, drove him crazier. The metal bars covering a very small window were crooked, which made him way more uncomfortable than he'd care to admit. Jack had a very comfortable life previously, he was an online celebrity, a hero too many. Until he lost his boyfriend in a freak accident and since then he wasn't the same. Jack was a hero too many sure, but his boyfriend was his hero. He wished the torture he went through wiped his memory, sadly, it didn't. He heard a familiar Swedish swear and realized warden Felix was around to check on the inmates, Inmates was rather an odd word for the mentally ill - It makes them sound like criminals, prisoners. Perhaps they were prisoners to their own head. Being locked up was nothing compared to being locked up inside your head.
Jack had made acquaintances here, Inmates 42 and 57 otherwise known as Ken and Cry. Jack never saw Cry's face, and apparently that was a good thing because underneath that mask was something extremely terrifying. Ken had seen Cry's face once and was sick. Jack wondered what happened to Cry. As for Ken, he was also a mystery. He never asked though, they'd all been through too much.
Jack was never alone though, he had Mark too keep him company.
Mark was his inmate, the one with the crazy red hair. Jack would tease him and call him fireball. Mark kept him, well, sane. He was talking to Mark about how bad the food was here.
As Warden Felix walked past he rattled Jacks cell bars making him jump. "Jack! Quit talking to yourself." The Irish inmate looked around his cell "I'm not-" Where had Mark gone? He probably just didnt like Felix, Mark was always sneaky.
When lunch rolled around and the inmates were allowed out, Mark sat at Jacks table. Ken and Cry were still in line.
"Where did you go earlier, fireball?" Jack chuckled, stuffing his face with whatever today's lunch was.
"I just don't like that Swedish idiot. Its fine, Clover."
Clover.
That seemed to hurt Jack and he twitched slightly.
Ken and Cry returned as Mark and Jack talked. "Who you talking too, bud?" Ken asked, in his usual American accent.
Jack turned to Mark. Where?
"Oh, no one." Jack sighed.
Why did he always leave?
Jacks head spun, Mark was alive still right? He was real - Right?
Jack got back to his cell ditching his lunch, feeling sick as Mark leaned against the wall.
"Mark?"
"Yes Jack?"
"You're real, right?"
"..." Silence.

"You won't leave me again? Please I- I cant loose you again even if....

You're just in my head." Jack wanted to cry, all this time - Mark wasnt real.

Maybe he hadn't come to terms with the accident...