Chapter Three- Annabeth

Hey guys, so here's the update! I got got reviews last chapter, thanks a lot! If you continue like that, I'll be sure to keep on updating soon. Your comments and votes really motivate me, ya know?

Dedication goes to PandasAreEvil456, she is one of my favourite authors (Percy Jackson related and her originals too) and you should go fan her if you haven't already! 

Caterpillars! 

Annabeth Chase III

Annabeth didn't know what she was doing. She couldn't control her actions, and she attacked Percy against her will.

Wha-what's happening? Annabeth screamed to herself, lunging at Percy. Percy's expression sent a shock through her, it was confused and hurt. 

Hurt, and Annabeth was hurting him.

Isn't this what you fear most, daughter of Athena? A voice whispered, sending chills down Annabeth's back.

What? Annabeth asked, her eyes widening.

That you will have to hurt the person closest to you in this war? You've always known this would happen, right? The voice asked.

Annabeth felt frozen. That was right. She was always afraid that she would have to hurt Percy, and there would be no other choice.

She tuned back into the battle, and noticed she kicked Percy and tripped him, and he was on the ground. Annabeth raised her sword over his head, not hearing whatever Percy said.

She brought the sword down.

"No!" Annabeth yelled, using all her willpower and force to stop the sword from cutting off Percy's head.

And just in time, too. The sword stopped inches before his head, the force sending a gust of wind and tossing around Percy's black hair.

Annabeth took a few steps back, dropping her sword in shock. She had almost killed Percy, the one she loved most, the closest thing she had to a family. She always felt safe, and protected with him, and she was about to destroy it all.

She was about to destroy all the things that protected her and kept her from going insane with fear. Annabeth shook, and tears spilled from her eyes, and she couldn't stop them. She was rigid with shock and fear, an overwhelming sense she didn't even understand properly.

But Percy, being the amazing boyfriend he was, pulled her into an embrace and hugged her tightly.

"It's okay, Annabeth." He whispered consolingly. "Everything will be okay."

"No. It won't, Percy, and you know that." Annabeth replied shakily. She pulled herself out of his embrace and picked up her sword. "I have to punish myself for what I did."

"You...what? Annabeth, it's fine!" Percy yelled, alarm and shock coating his voice and making it break.

"You have to advance to the next battle, because I know you are the strongest." Annabeth planted a kiss on his lips, than took her sword and brung it down on her foot. 

She fell to her knees, crying out in pain. She blinked back her tears, and struck again at the same foot, placing a long gash that went from her ankle to her shin. Annabeth tried to stand up, but couldn't, and ended up falling down again.

"I did it." Annabeth gasped. "I can't get up. Now you can move on and show everyone how strong you are." 

"Annabeth...." Percy said, his voice faint. He glowed, a white light emitting from within him, and dissappeared from the forest.

That was interesting, indeed Annabeth Chase. Percy won, so he is going to battle with another victor. You will remain here, until there is a final victor. The 'voice' said. 

Annabeth felt her strength return. Her blurred vision became clear again, and she saw that her cuts on her foot had completely vanished.

Annabeth got up, testing her hands and feet, everything worked perfectly. Her skin wasn't rough and raw, it was smooth and her scars and bruises had completely dissappeared.

She got up, hunger filling her stomach, a feeling she hadn't felt since she came out of Tartarus. This forest had to have some kind of fruit, or something.

Annabeth strapped her sword to her side and climbed up a tree for better view of the forest like area she was in. It reminded her of when she was younger and used to set up camps inside forests with Luke and Thalia. 

How carefree and stress-free she had been then. It almost seemed like a fantasy, a demigod with only monsters to worry about. No prophecies, no curses, only a family and monsters. 

Annabeth used her sharp eyesight to catch a few trees, just a short wak away, that were different than the rest, and probably bore some type of fruit. Her stomach grumbled again, as she swung from branch to branch, like a monkey, thanks to training at Camp Half-Blood. She reached the trees within minutes, plucking a ripe, orange, fruit from the tree and peeling it off with her hands. It was quite messy, but at last she could eat the fruit in peace.

Annabeth recognized the taste, a mango. Her father used to bring them in, and Annabeth used to find them too sweet when she was younger, but now, because she was starving, she greatly appreciated them.

Annabeth didn't feel like climbing down from the tree, she enjoyed sitting up here and watching the wind blow the leaves on the trees and making them dance. 

She missed her old life, yet she loved her her present life. She loved the thrill of adventure, and if she looked back at the moments she had been most afraid, she couldn't deny that there was and exiting part to quests. But mostly, she loved being with Percy, making good friends such as Piper and Hazel.

Annabeth, dear, it's over. There' is a victor. The 'voice' called.

Who? Annabeth asked, but a sharp pain went through her head, and unconsciousness washed over her.

Okay, sorry for the short, and not so great chapter, I really tried my best, but I have a lot of homework to do!

I hope you all enjoyed and I will try and update ASAP!

So don't forget to vote, comment and all that stuff, yeah?

~Infinite_Warrior