Chapter Fourteen- Frank

Hai, guys!

There is just one thing I want to say:

Thank you. This story has reached 11k reads, but not only that, thank you all for supporting me. Every vote and comment makes me feel proud, you know? Just by reading this, you are helping and supporting me and I don't know what I'll do without any of you. You are all freaking amazing muffins so don't think of yourself as anything else, kay?

Thank you <3

Happy Valentine's day, btw.

Enjoy~!

Frank Zhang XIV

Frank didn't like the God of Doom.

He sat lazily on the couch, his skinny and dirty legs, up on the table. His dark hair fell in front of his eyes, which seemed almost darker than black, while he stuffed his pale face with potato chips. Frank's potato chips. 

He couldn't help but glare at Moros. He was forced to babysit him while everyone else either trained or rested, and watching the lazy god do nothing but munch on Frank's favourite food on the ship, was making him really mad.

Basically, Moros had announced that he was here to help with the quest. When Annabeth had tried to ask for an explanation, or any sort of question, the god had threatened to shoot their warship out of the sky. So, they were stuck with this irratating god that wasn't helping them at all.

And, because everyone had bailed on him, Frank was forced to watch over him in case he decided that he wanted to blow up the ship, like he had threatened to do so earlier.

Frank sighed again, turning his attention away from the god and towards the duo who had went to defeat the giant. Hazel and Jason should have come back by now. It was close to eight in the evening, and because Frank had woken up at four, he was feeling sleepy already. 

His eyes were starting to close, but he forced them open. He had to stay awake until Hazel got back. He had to. He had to know that she was coming back.

And it wasn't exactly reassuring that they weren't anywhere in sight. Frank was looking out the window, but in the dark night, he saw nothing but the brilliant shine of the moon. After glancing back one more time at the god, who was falling asleep with chip crumbs smeared all over his chin, he looked back out the window. 

Suddenly, two figures appeared in his field of vision. He blinked once or twice to make sure he wasn't hallucinating in his sleepy state, but when he still saw them, he immediately relaxed. Both Jason and Hazel had made it back.

Frank stole a look at the god, who was fast asleep before running to deck to greet Hazel. Although he was dead tired, he had to see Hazel before he went to bed.

The starry night air was warm, but only Piper was up on deck. She was keeping watch, but it was more likely she wanted to be here when Jason arrived.

"Hey." Frank said.

"Hey." Piper replied quietly.

Frank studied her expression. Her eyes were burdened with many secrets, but Frank had a suspicion that his own were the same. He didn't know why, but something was troubling her. Something that she kept secret.

Frank sighed and turned away, realizing he was over-thinking things. Since when had he become a psychologist? Piper wouldn't be hiding anything useful from them, so it was probably just personal.

Gods, but why did it seem like-

"They're here!" Piper exclaimed interrupting Frank's thoughts.