Chapter Ten- Annabeth

Hey guys!

So this is me (trying to) make up for like the past month that I've been failing updates. And I've also got like tons of inspiration suddenly, so yeah.

Dedication goes to Oceandust2 for all her nice comments and support. :)

I have so much to do yet I sit down to write...my priorities are so messed up. Oh well!

Caterpillars!

Annabeth Chase X

When the monster's attacked, Annabeth was as good as helpless. There was nothing she could do, her wounds didn't allow her to move much, meaning all she could do was stand there and hold her sword out, while the rest of the demigods fought for their lives.

There were several venti, which Frank and Hazel were taking care of. Jason and Piper sliced through the harpies, which attacked crazily, scratching up the floor and walls. 

"Leo's not going to be happy when he sees this!" Annabeth muttered, trying to slice through a harpie who came to close. It just jumped back and went to Jason, who diced it up.

 A venti literally appeared out of no where, and Annabeth barely sliced through it. Unfortunately, she forgot to hold her breath like Jason had instructed, and the air felt like it was stolen from her lungs. Annabeth gasped for air, but she felt light-headed and dizzy. She collapsed, her eyes closing on the cloudy sky.

Annabeth was walking down a dirt road, stepping on debris and small pieces of rubble as she went along. Finally, the dirt path came to a stop at the edge of a cliff, and she over looked a once beautiful fortress, now in complete ruins. Annabeth could still make out some of the building structures, but over such a long period of time it was hard to tell just by sight which building was which.

As soon as Annabeth caught sight of the Parthenon, she recognized where she was.

Acropolis, in Athens.

"I think she's coming to." A voice whispered.

"It was nothing serious, which is good." Another voice said.

Annabeth opened her eyes, which felt annoyingly heavy. Her head spun, but she sat up regardless. Immediately, Annabeth felt a migraine coming on, making her groan.

"How are you?" Jason asked, eyeing her in concern.

"I-I'm fine. I j-just have a headache." Annabeth stuttered, feeling a wave of nausea attack her.

"You should continue to rest. We have to fix the ship before Leo gets back and yells at us." Piper said, standing up and smiling.

"Wait." Annabeth grabbed Piper's hand before she could leave, "The next location is Acropolis, in Athens. It's where the Parthenon is." 

"The Parthenon is a temple made for Athena, so does that mean it's Annabeth's turn to go?" Jason asked.

"Somehow, I don't think so." Piper replied. 

Frank and Hazel walked into the Sickbay at that moment, probably to check on Annabeth. "How are you feeling?" Hazel asked softly.

"I'm fine." Annabeth replied. Without warning, a burning sensation shot up her left leg, making Annabeth cry out in pain.

"Ambrosia!" Piper exclaimed to Frank, who was the closest to their stash. He quickly grabbed it and gave it to Annabeth.

Something told Annabeth not to eat the Ambrosia yet. She didn't know why, it was supposed to heal her! What was she thinking?

"My leg hurts." Annabeth said, her voice barely louder than a whisper. Piper sat down beside her, rolling up the pants on her legs. Piper suddenly let out a gasp.

"W-what?" Annabeth asked, feeling alarmed, "Is it bad?"

Annabeth pulled her leg close to her body to examine it, her eyes widening as she saw the cut. It was in the shape of a lightning bolt, and it wasn't done by accident, either.

"Jason." Piper said softly, "You're next."

Jason's eyes widened, "Porphyrion already?"

"Calm down, guys. It could be the bane of the other demigod's parent as well." Hazel reminded them. Jason breathed a sigh of relief, but Piper looked uncertain.

A strange silence settled in the air, making Annabeth feel uncomfortable. Everyone was tense, it wasn't only the news that they had just learned, but the worry for Percy and Leo. No one wanted anyone to die, and all of the demigods could declare that easily despite the little game Enyo had put them through. Annabeth realized it now, even though they were weak and at the point of collapsing, they were stronger than ever. 

"Alright everyone," Piper finally said, breaking the silence, "Let's leave Annabeth alone to rest." 

Annabeth smiled gratefully and finally ate her Ambrosia, watching as the demigods left. She looked outside at the twinkling stars, realizing it was nighttime already. A jolt of worry went through her, as she realized Percy and Leo weren't back yet.

Please be okay, both of you. Annabeth silently prayed to no one in particular.

After sitting there in silence for a few minutes, Annabeth got bored. Her wounds had pretty much healed, well most of them, but Piper had commanded her to rest. So, she could only sit there and wait.

Annabeth soon fell into a dreamless sleep, her weariness washing away. For the first time in a long time, Annabeth finally gave into exhastion and let herself actually sleep. The feeling was so pleasant, and her fear of sleep was nothing but a dream. It felt good to relax and not worry about anything, even though so much was going on. It gave her hope, even without her realizing it, that she was able to just sleep in the middle of the chaos.

When Annabeth awoke, she found herself looking into familiar sea-green eyes. The eyes that Annabeth always looked to for reassurance, the eyes that she'd come to love so much. The same eyes that she could not live without.

"Percy." Annabeth whispered.

"How are you?" Percy asked, flashing a grin.

Annabeth smiled and didn't say anything, but Percy got the message. No one could understand her better than Percy, and that was one of the best things about him.

"Let's get some food, okay?" Percy said. Annabeth nodded, turning onto her back. Surprisingly, the movement didn't hurt at all. 

Annabeth sat up slowly, careful not to exhert herself. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and slipped on her sneakers. 

She looked over to Percy, smiling. With Percy by her side, even if the world was on fire, Annabeth couldn't care less.

PERCABETH. There you go my little muffins, incase you were longing for some Percabeth. <3

So, let's have a goal for 18 votes. Yup, votes instead of comments this time. If you're a silent reader, then please vote for this story for at least this chapter. Thanks a lot!

~Infinite_Warrior

[P.S This was actually edited.  Tell me if it was any better, and if you want me to take the time and actualy edit now. Take note though, this will mean updates will be delayed slightly.]