Chapter Four- Hazel

First, I'd like to say thank you very much for all the support, this book is only three chapters long and it's already got over 100 reads, 18 votes and 19 comments! My orignial book Shattered Glass came out a while ago, and it only recently got over 100 reads! This is really impressive, I love you guys so much!

So, I don't have a dedication, really......... let's just get right to it!

Caterpillars!

[P.S JUST CUZ I'm EVIL LIKE THAT, YOU WON'T FIND OUT WHO WON THE ENTIRE THING TILL LIKE ANOTHER TWO CHAPTERS SO...MAYBE EVEN MORE]

Hazel Levesque IV

Hazel tried not to trip as she walked on the thick layer of ice that seemed to stretch out for miles and miles. It reminded her of Alaska, her old home.

Hazel didn't even know how to feel about this whole 'game'. She didn't want to battle her friends, which would most probably destroy the friendship they had been building. The seven demigods had been through so much together, and now one simple hour of fighting could cause the rest of the trip to be in jeopardy because the team couldn't work together.

Hazel pushed these thoughts aside as her mind wandered to her opponent. The terrain was very uneven, with sudden drops of the ground and sudden rises. It made it nearly impossible to walk on, plus the fact that it was incredibly slippery. Hazel had fallen four times already and hurt her knees. She hoped there wouldn't be a fifth time.

The cold wind suddenly turned into a hot gust as violent flames melted the ice in front of her, heading her way. Hazel thanked her reflexes for jumping out of the way in time. Her pants were black with soot, completely scorched, but she was pretty much unharmed.

As Hazel struggled to her feet, a figure came into view, emerging from the smoke. 

"Leo." Hazel called without doubt. "Nice entrance."

"You think?" Leo asked back, the biggest fake grin plastered on his face. Hazel laughed, casually drawing her sword. It would be hard to fight Leo, not only was he a great strategist with many tricks up his sleeve, he was one of her good friends, and Hazel didn't know how she would fight him.

Regardless, Hazel kept her confident look on, her guard high. 

Leo looked at Hazel, his expression easy and light, but his eyes showing how troubled and tensed he was. He clearly hated this 'game' as much as Hazel did, but he was trying hard not to show it.

Hazel raised her sword as a sign that she was going to attack, and charged. Leo looked panicked for a second, trying to figure out what to do, but in the next second, he was out of the way to her right.

"Sorry, Hazel." Leo whispered. A burrning sensation flew through her right arm and stomach as she saw the red and burnt skin.

Hazel got up, using snow to stop the burning sensation. The area around Leo had more or less melted into water or slush, and his body was radiating heat. 

Hazel held her sword up, realizing that Leo wasn't going to hold back. He wanted to win and prove that he was strong, but at the same time didn't want to hurt her. Of course, whether she won or lost she would be healed, but causing your friends pain or being hurt by your friends broke your heart. 

Hazel charged towards Leo, this time more cautious. Her steps were light and she could change direction easily. As she approached Leo, she swung at his legs but he jumped back and fire spread towards her. Hazel sliced her sword through it, the force of the blow putting out some of the fire. Hazel stepped out of the way to avoid the rest, but the cold wind and snow put out the fire by itself.