Chapter Thirteen- Piper

Hi guys!

Guess what? I'm doing a project on school and it's on Greek Mythology! Because of that; I'll probably get a bit more familiar with myths and I'll be able to understand the concept a bit more, so hopefully my writing will improve.

But; this is like a major project and idk if I'll have enough time to update for a while; and my updates have already become slow. I also have like an English assignment, and math, and tests coming up. I'm so sorry about this, like I'm feeling so guilty :(

Dedicated to @ilovepinecone because this amazing person was one of my first followers ever and supported me a lot when I wrote HoH. Thank you so much <3

Enjoy~!

Piper McLean XIII

She saw it all in her dagger. Her boyfriend's foolish actions, and how that almost got him killed. She wanted to look away, but she couldn't resist the urge. She had to know what happened to him, no matter what. She didn't care that their relationship had been edgy lately, she didn't care that they hadn't sorted out their problems, but she wanted to know if he was okay so badly that she momentarily forgot about everything else.

Pretty much all day, Piper had been sitting in her room, concentrating and trying to see how Jason was doing. At first, Katropis wasn't helpful at all. It showed her useless things, like Frank and Leo's discussion about soda, and Percy watching TV with Annabeth. After a while, the scenes changed to something she hadn't seen before.

Piper dear, I know you're listening.

Piper sat up suddenly, staring at her dagger, which had completely blacked out.

Perhaps I should tell you something now. You might be able to use this to your advantage, but only you. Don't even think about telling this to someone else.

Piper waited, anxious, for the person to continue.

The little "game" you played, was all an illusion. It never happened. It was a trick to test your mental strength, ordered by the gods.

Piper clenched her fist. A trick? The pain and misery this game had caused was just an illusion? But what hurt more, was it was a test ordered by their parents. It was like they didn't even trust their own children, who were soon to be the saviours of Olympus, once again.

"Enyo." Piper spat, her voice dripping with venom. Her anger wasn't directed at Enyo, but she couldn't force the rage out of her voice.

Suddenly, Katropis started to shake violently, and Piper felt as if there was a presence in the room that was trying to escape. Fighting the urge to scream, she gripped her cornocoupia tightly and turned so that she was facing her sword.

The shaking stopped, and so did the eerie feeling that something was there with her. She sighed, and picked up her dagger. 

As soon as she touched it, her dagger began to glow and display images. This time, she saw Jason slashing through an endless abyss of monsters, or it seemed like it.

It seemed to a live feed of Jason, and Piper watched it eagerly, glad that she had some means to know her boyfriend was safe.

Piper had to set it aside to eat lunch, despite her protests not to, and upon coming back, she saw Jason and Hazel slashing mercilessly at the Giant.

She smiled when the giant dropped to it's knees, but it immediately faded away when Alcyoneus wildly swung his fist and almost knocked out Hazel.

"I'm stronger than before, Hazel Levesque! Even if I'm not in Alaska, you still won't be able to beat me!" Alcyoneus boomed.

Jason whispered something to Hazel, who smiled confidently and nodded. Jason whisked himself into the air, while Hazel sneaked around him. Jason was being a distraction, it was obvious, but Alcyoneus didn't seem to notice.

Piper found herself looking away as Jason nearly got hit, but she ended up missing everything. The dagger blacked out completely, and Piper got a bad feeling in her stomach.

To make everything worse, the ship's security alarm began ringing.

"God on board!" Leo's voice rang, making Piper jump. Throwing her room door open, she bounded up the stairs behind the other demigods to meet Leo crashing into the mast. 

Holding her dagger out, but still seeing nothing, Piper took a daring step forward. 

At first, it was silent. Almost too silent.

Piper scanned the area, and her gaze fell upon Leo, who was laying motionless under the mast. Festus was going crazy, ranting in his crazy language. In the end, he whirred and click in such a fashion that even Piper understood.

Danger!

"Piper, get back!" Annabeth's startled voice called.

A wave of pain shot through her body, making her exclaim in surprise. She gripped her head, trying not to scream.

"Piper!" Percy yelled, racing towards her. There was a rush of air, and he too, was thrown backward towards the mast where Leo was.

Luckily, he wasn't unconscious, and after letting out a series of groans he stood up. Piper, however, was a different story. The pain didn't seem to stop, and now, she was on her knees, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Stop it!" Annabeth yelled, her voice shaking in anger and concern for her friend.

"Let Piper go!" Frank agreed, raising his bow and notching an arrow.

Percy stumbled to his feet, "Who are you, and what do you think you're doing to my friends?" He said, his jaw crunching together as he hissed in pain.

"Moros, god of Doom at your service," A tall man waked out of thin air and stepped on the Argo II, "I'm here to aid you with your quest."

Once again, I'm really sorry I took so long, it's just I've been really burdened with homework, and I couldn't update! I was really feeling bad, so I decided to throw everything aside and finally update!

Thanks so much for supporting me guys, I can't thank you enough. Sorry once again that this short and probably really bad, this was slightly rushed. I won't be able to update for a while once again, but I'll definitely try my hardest!

~Infinite_Warrior