Chapter Eleven- Hazel

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the votes you guys gave me, 25 is a new record (Last I checked)! To think, when I posted House of Hades, I only got one or two votes, a comment or two if I was lucky, and up to fifty reads per chapter. I posted the latest chapter two days ago, and it's got 25 votes, 11 comments, and 127 reads! This is amazing, even if I have gotten better since then! Thank you all so much, you have no idea how much it means to me <3

So dedication goes to EvilEspressoDrinks (I love that name by the way) for the sweet comment. It made my day! I actually screen shot some comments because they are just so amazing. It gives me inspiration and incentive to write, you know? So please don't stop sending the sweet comments that you do. 

I just love you all, okay?

Caterpillars! 

Hazel Levesque XI

It was hard not to panic when Hazel heard the words, "Hazel's the one going with Jason to kill the next giant."

She ran around the corner, her eyes wide with fear. The voices were coming from the Sickbay, where Percy had gone to check up on Annabeth. It was around one o'clock in the morning, Hazel couldn't sleep, but why were Percy and Annabeth still up?

Hazel politely knocked on the door, trying to calm her racing heart. 

"Come in." A quiet voice said. Hazel opened the door, finding Annabeth in bed and Percy sitting beside her, "You heard that, didn't you?"

"Y-yeah," Hazel said, feeling slightly embarrassed, "I didn't mean to! I was just walking down the hall and-"

"Don't worry about it, we understand." Percy interrupted. He sent her a small smile, making Hazel relax a bit.

"As I was saying," Annabeth started, "You're the one who's going with Jason. The stars in the sky are irregular, they're never this bright, and they never shine golden."

"They look like diamonds in the sky." Percy added, cracking a smile.

"The stars are too far away and it's too polluted for them to shine like this. The gold colour, or diamonds; must signify you. You're the daughter of the God of Riches, and the stars stand for jewels." Annabeth explained.

"M-makes sense." Hazel said, wondering where the sudden coldness had come from. Just the mention of another giant made her shiver. She kept going back to the encounter with Alcyoneus, and hoped that she wouldn't have to face him again. 

"Don't worry, Hazel." Percy said reassuringly, catching the fear on her face, "You'll definitely kill that giant. You've grown so much stronger and wiser."

Hazel smiled slightly, but realized he was right. She was less tense in battles, and more quick in reactions than when she had started. She had much more experience in battle since then, and now she had the mist. Even if it was Porphyrion, Hazel felt much more ready. Percy's words were indeed encouraging.

"Did you eat?" Hazel asked, dropping the subject of the giants.

"I ate with Percy already. Why don't you get some rest? You'll need all the energy you have for tomorrow." Annabeth suggested.

"Okay."

Hazel walked to her room, the news instantly wearing her out. It was as if she hadn't slept in days, that was how tired she felt. As soon as she hit the bed, she crashed.

"Hazel." A voice called.

Hazel opened her eyes to darkness, wherever she looked, there was only the blackness in the air. Hazel couldn't move, either. It wasn't that she was restricted; she couldn't feel anything but that cold air, but she just couldn't move. The cold air was murky and dark, making it hard to breathe. It made Hazel feel trapped, alone, and scared; feelings she thought she had forgotten ever since finding her friends.