Chapter Five- Jason

Hey guys! 

So the cover has changed, and in the comments below tell me how you like it!

Caterpillars!

Jason Grace V

As Jason walked on the rocky terrain, he seriously wished that Piper was by his side right now, comforting him with her sweet words and kind voice.

Unfortunately, if Piper was here, that mean Jason would have to battle her, and that was certainly the last thing Jason wanted to do. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he was going to be able to battle with any one of his friends.

Jason was sure it was a test; a test to see whether their demigod crew could handle fighting each other if it came down to that. A test to see whether the demigods could handle war, the endless bloodshed and whether they could kill other demigods. A test to see whether they could abandon humanity for the sake of Olympus.

You are close, Jason Grace. It is a test, but what for? A voice rung in his head.

"What?" Jason asked out loud. He was answered with silence, and that made him think if he had imagined the voice. 

Jason glanced at the ground as it sloped down, the path ahead becoming steep. Jason knew he couldn't walk down, so he turned around and climbed down, using little ledges to help him.

About halfway down, Jason stepped on a rock that broke off, and he lost his footing, tumbling off the rocky wall.

Fly! A frantic little voice yelled in his brain. Jason yelped and try to bend the wind to his will, but found that the wind would not give in to him. He was less then thirty feet from the ground, and he couldn't fly. Panic spread through Jason, as it seemed to hit him that he was actually falling.

An idea popped into Jason's head, and he drew his sword, stabbing it into the wall. It made a huge cut in the wall, Jason's weight pulling the sword down. It finally stopped, and Jason was just inches from the ground.

He sighed and jumped off, his knuckles sore from gripping the sword so tight. He pulled his sword out of the wall and sheathed it, looking at the atleast ten feet long crack he had made.

"Jason." A familiar voice said. Jason turned, unsheathing his sword and examining his opponent.

"Frank." 

Frank gave a weary smile, showing he was tired. He had offered to be a look out at night, and hadn't gotten much sleep at all. 

"This," Jason said, "Will be an interesting battle."

"Yeah." Frank agreed, his face strained. He clearly didn't want to fight Jason, and it wasn't like Jason wanted to fight Frank either.

Frank gave a look that clearly said I'm sorry, then charged towards Jason. He jumped, and in mid-air turned into a tiger, flying straight for Jason's face.

Jason ducked and rolled under him, whipping around and whacking human Frank in the face with his sword. It left a red mark on his forehead, surprisingly not bleeding.

Frank took a step back, one hand pressed to his wound. He studied Jason for a second, then turned into an elephant.

Frank the elephant was much faster then Jason expected and Jason ended up getting rammed into, making him fly into a pile of huge rocks. Jason was sure the hit had dislocated his shoulder, but using his other arm he pushed himself up.

Jason felt a warm, sticky liquid drip down his back, and didn't even have to check to know it was blood. Regardless, Jason rushed forward, his shoulder aching in protest, and bringing his sword down on a surprised elephant.