Chapter Fifteen- Leo

Hey guys!

First thing I want to say, is I'm sorry the updates are becoming slow :( I'm sorry about this, but I'll try to update at least weekly from now on, if I can.

Luckily, my March Break is next week, so I'll definetly try to update more then! Please bear with me here!

Enjoy~!

Leo Valdez XV

The news of Frank's poisoning had caused quite a panic. Hazel was pacing back and forth on deck, muttering softly under her breath. Just looking at her made Leo's head spin, so he decided to look elsewhere for now.

Frank himself was doing okay, despite the fact that he knew he could possible die in a few hours. It was late at night, and he looked dead tired like the rest of them, but besides that, he looked okay. The effects hadn't kicked in yet, there was still a solid twenty minutes left. Frank looked kind of restless as well, but dared not get up from his seat, Piper had forced him to sit down and relaxed, using charmspeak. He couldn't get up even if he wanted to.

Piper was currently flipping through Annabeth's books beside the her, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Her hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, just to keep it out of her eyes. 

Beside Piper, Annabeth was doing the same thing, but working faster. She flipped through books faster more effiecently than Piper, but she was more skilled at collecting information quickly. She was a daughter of Athena, after all.

On the other side of the table, Percy and Jason were talking in hushed tones, probably looking for signs on who was going next. It was crazy that they had to solve deadly challenges, and yet still go on life-threatning battles against giants that had more than just an advantage.

It was unfair. But then again, Leo couldn't remember a time when it had ever been fair. It was like that for a demigod, and whether you liked it or not, you had to oblige. You had to learn to adjust.

And Leo wasn't sure he had completely adjusted yet.

"Leo, how's it going?" Percy yelled to him, "Any signs of danger?"

Leo, slightly startled, looked down from the mast, "Everything's fine!" Under his breath, he added, "So far."

Percy nodded and went back to discussing who-knows-what with Jason. Leo had lost his train of thought, and decided to focus on the task at hand. He couldn't afford to get distracted.

Those words sounded somewhat strange to him. It felt like it was almost a joke. 

Distraction.

The whole world seemed like a distraction. This quest, Gaea, the giants, his battles, being a demigod, everything was a distraction. His only true purpose in life had been given to him through strange circumstances, and that was to save Calypso.

Even if he was fully focused on something, she still lingered at the back of his mind. Her figure when she had turned on him, her beautiful, goddess-like hair, her cinnmon smell, and mostly, he remembered the electrifying kiss.

I'm coming back for you, Calypso. I swear it on River Styx.

That promise seemed to be his only hook to sanity now. If he wasn't worrying about someone dying, he was trying to figure out how to get back to Ogygia. He'd already tried tinkering with the astrolabe and crystal that he'd recieved from Calypso, but he couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

He was interupted from his thoughts, again, as violent coughing began to echo through the air. His eyes followed the sound and landed on Frank, who sounded like he was trying to hack up a furball. He'd seen cats do it before, and it didn't seem very pleasant. 

Hazel immedietly ceased her constant pacing to go over to him, "The effects have begun." She announced, worry laced through her words.

The effects seemed bearable at first. He would have a coughing fit every few minutes, and his hands were shaky and cold. At the same time, he was sweating a lot, his shirt was drenched in sweat in a few minutes.

Then, he threw up blood, according to Hazel. They had made him rest inside the infirmary, and Hazel had been tending to him, so only she knew what was going on. He began to hallucinate, and more than once or twice, they had heard crashing coming from inside. Hazel had reassured them it was okay, but her haunted eyes spoke for themselves.

She was scared for Frank.

After around one hour of haunting expreiences, they were still unable to find anything. Momos has just gone to sleep in Coach Hedge's old bedroom, leaving them completely on their own. The infuriated Leo - someone was dying, and all he doing is sleeping?

"Found something!" Annabeth yelled. Her voice seemed slightly scratchy and hoarse, but she hadn't really used it much in a few hours. She had been constantly looking for the antitode ever since they had heard about the poisoning, and that was three hours before. Leo didn't see her get up once, even to go the bathroom.

Upon hearing her voice, all the demigods excluding Hazel and Frank crowded around her, eager to hear how they could save their friend. 

"It would have been easier if I had my laptop, but now that it's... lost, I had to manually go through all of my books." Annabeth said, "It took quite a while, but I finally found a type of poison that matched the requirements for the effects Frank's been having."

She pointed to a section in the book, which she had marked with a small peice of paper, "He's had spasms, according to Hazel, thrown up blood, and the effects he'd had when he'd rejected the poison seem somewhat similar to this. It's our best bet right now, we have around two hours left, and even if this conction doesn't completely get rid of the poison, it should erase the effects and delay his death."

Annabeth's words hung heavily in the air, echoing through Leo's mind.

Death.

"What's the antitode?" Piper asked finally.

"There's some regualar things, Ambrosia, Nectar, freshwater, mint, but we need the medical qualities of unicorn horns and Stelysis, a plant that grows on high cliffs, and is unknown to mankind." Annabeth explained.

Suddenly, Hazel burst through the doors, looking like she was about to cry, "Something's wrong! He kept shaking or moving, yelling weird things about owls and grey skies, and then suddenly, just stopped. It doesn't look like he's even breathing anymore!"

Hazel paused for a breath as she let the words register, "He's lying there completely lifeless! I checked for a pulse, and it seems to fading by the minute."

She broke into sobs, and Annabeth and Piper, rushed forward to comfort her. Annabeth sent Percy and Jason to go get materials for the antidote, and sent Leo to check in on Frank.

Before turning down the hallway, Leo heard Hazel choke out, "He's dying, Annabeth! He's dying and we can't do anything!"

I'm sorry, this chapter didn't have much action, but um, yeah. I don't even have an excuse. 

Pleaseeeeee vote and comment, cause it really inspires me to update faster! Please guys, and thank you all for all the support so far!

(unedited, it's 10:30pm and i'm too lazy)

~Infinite_Warrior