Monday

Chelsea had an extra skip in her step and a slightly larger smile for a Monday. The memories of Sunday afternoon had made their way into her dreams. She awoke with the warm feeling across her waist from where Chris' arm had been. Absentmindedly, she rubbed her stomach and sighed. It had truly been a very nice dream. She was just about to close her eyes when a loud knock interrupted her thoughts.

"What?" she shouted at the door.

"Jeff just sent me a text and told me to look at Just Jared. Evidently, you're a mystery brunette." Aaron explained from the otherside.

Though she knew it meant nothing, the photo had made her smile. She was so giddy about the photo she had completely forgotten her morning coffee. Luckily, she was working the closing shift and the caffeine wouldn't be necessary until much later in the day. Even the bus ride wasn't terrible. Chelsea let herself daydream about the day before. She proudly remembered how she played football without being a complete idiot with Chris Pine. Chris Pine! He tackled her and she didn't latch on to him. She grinned out the window as the bus pulled up just outside Disneyland Parks. She didn't bring her bike today, she simply hopped off the bus and walked into work.

Chelsea worked at an old fashioned soda shop. There were sweets, snacks, sodas and ice cream. She wore an outfit from the fifties, a little poodle skirt, a high ponytail, cateye make-up and bright pink lips. She enjoyed the monotony of the job, the stress level, and the lack of paperwork. People loved Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream and the fact that the entire staff of the little ice cream shop would burst into song every two hours. She loved the fact that the man working the counter with her right now was an older gentleman with a scruffy white mustache named Walt.

"You're awfully happy today, sugah," Walt had a fabulous southern accent and always called her sugar, without pronouncing the r.

"It's a Monday, Walt. We work at the happiest place on earth, why wouldn't I be happy?" She grinned as she began to scoop ice cream for an adorable little girl dressed as Princess Aurora.

The day went on in similar fashion. Chelsea and Walt were bombarded by families and both skipped their late afternoon lunch break. It was nearing seven o'clock in the evening when the rush finally slowed.

"Whew," Chelsea wiped her forehead, "What is today? There must be a school holiday." She leaned back against the ice cream, her back to the door.

"Must be," Walt drawled. He leaned forward against the counter.

"You ok?" Chelsea gently touched his arm. Walt and his wife, Caroline, had taken her out for dinner a few weeks ago. Caroline had told her Walt was having "teeny, tiny heart problems," in confidence and asked her to keep a close eye on her coworker.

"I'm fine," Walt stood up slowly then greeted the customer coming in, "How can I help you sir?"

"I'm looking for someone," the man answered. Chelsea continued to lounge. Her feet ached, they were covering for the yet to show up Alex (silly 19 year old who thought time didn't apply to her) and she knew Walt had this under control. She glanced at Walt who looked around the rather empty shop.

"Can I help you? Who are ya looking for, son?"

"Chelsea Garcia," the warm voice said. She turned around and was stunned. With two tall Starbucks cups in his hands, standing directly across the ice cream counter from Walt stood Chris Pine.

Walt turned and looked at her. "Mmmm hmmm, Mondays. I'll go clean the soda fountain." And he walked off.

"Hi," he said. He stood there in a white v-neck shirt, snug fitting jeans, a dark blue cardigan and Ray Ban sunglasses hanging from the neck of his shirt. He stood here in her ice cream shop.