Lunch Date

Chris had started to worry that she'd overdress. He'd put the blazer on just in case. It dressed up his jeans, but would cause him to sweat in the California sun. Sweater and blazers together looked great at GQ cover shoots, but were not necessarily realistic on a crisp California fall day. He could hear muffled conversation as he stood at the door, readying himself for more acting. Once he knocked the conversation stopped. Drew opened the door.

"Hey," Drew looked he didn't want to let him in.

"Hey," Chris looked over Drew's shoulder into the house. He thought he had heard Chelsea, but he couldn't see her. He looked up the stairs. Women took forever to get ready, he knew this. He'd dated models, the time they took to accessorize was insane. Chris was surprised when Chelsea appeared, casually dressed in a white button down shirt, skinny jeans and a scarf. She made her way to the door.

Chelsea nearly stopped breathing as she walked toward Drew, she knew he wasn't going to invite Chris in. Plus, she didn't want to linger in the house and chance weird conversation. But when she saw Chris she almost stopped dead in her tracks. He was so attractive. He still hadn't shaved, so he had the sexy Clooney stubble. He'd clearly done his hair, it was held up nicely. He looked good in his sweater and blazer and jeans combo.

Chelsea squeezed past Drew. Chris noted how protective Drew was being, like a big brother. Chelsea seemingly read his thoughts as they walked down the sidewalk, "Sorry about that. Drew is like my big brother. He overreacts. A lot."

Chris smiled, "He's a nice guy."

"Eh," she shrugged and reached for the door handle at the same time Chris' did. Their hands grazed. It was like electricity. The slight touch, they both looked at each other. "I got it," Chris said smoothly.

"Thanks," she said shyly. He opened the door. It was a different car, a sporty little thing. In the seat was a script. Chelsea picked it up but didn't start to flip through it as she had the Lonely Planet book.

"What? No anecdotes on today's choice of reading material?" He asked playfully.

Chelsea wondered if he knew how attractive his vocabulary was. Who uses the word anecdotes in daily conversation? "Nope. I think this would be the first time I actually held a script." She looked at the cover. "Can I look at it?"

"Nope, completely confidential." She kept it closed and he laughed, "I'm kidding."

"Oh!" She smiled, "I wasn't sure. I mean, I thought I might have to sign some sort of confidentiality notice for going to lunch with you." The pages of the script made light sounds and she slowly thumbed through.

"Ha! You plan on selling details of this lunch to US Weekly?"

"Yep. You know how long it's been since I had Starbucks? I need cash to feed my habit."

"You had Starbucks yesterday."

She laughed. He really liked that laugh. "True. I had been doing really well with the bad coffee Aaron makes, too. You fed my addiction. It's your fault I'm going sensationalize this and make a couple hundred bucks off this lunch." She couldn't make eye contact with him while she joked. He had sunglasses on, but the blue still could be seen and she knew her sentences would fail to be complete once their eyes locked. 

"If I buy you Starbucks will you sensationalize it in my favor?" He was being sarcastic, but there was some honesty to the question. 

"Perhaps," she was focused intently on the script.

"What do you think?"

"There is a lot of highlighting in here." She fanned the pages.

"Yeah, leads tend to be that way." He grimaced, that sounded so arrogant.