Puzzles. (Prologue)

Jimin's POV

Car rides were never one of my favourite things, sitting in a small area, a seatbelt restricting your movements in complete silence. Quietly my parents were seated in the front seat ignoring each other and merely growing such tension in the car. Multiple times I try to speak but the only response would be a mere hum or 'that's great Jimin' even if it really wasn't. For a long stretch of time the scenery around me was trees and landscapes which would very so often confuse me and would develop and grow curiosity wondering where this isolated all male boarding school was set. Still trying my luck, I would speak to my parents asking them how far we are to arrive to our set destination but yet again, mother would hum and father would stay silent. So I pulled out my phone, clicked the home button to bring it to life before running my finger over the screen and pressing in the digits in order to have full access to it. Pushing down onto the touch screen in order to activate the app with the phone, I intended to scroll down my contacts and press on the name printed in san serif 'Hoseok.' Placing the cold device against my ear I heard it ring, four times before his cheerful voice exploded from the phone.

"Ah Park Jimin! Did you make it yet?" He asks, other voices clearly heard.

"Not yet." I sigh desiring to leave this car already.

"You sound upset Jimin. Don't be sad, it's a new life...again." He spoke, his power of speech slowly decreasing. 'Again' spoken in a less than enthusiastic way.

"I'll miss you too Hoseok."

"What do you mean 'miss me?' You're going to be Mr Popular and have all the girl- sorry boys- swoon at the sight of you and before you know it you're going to have new friends and forget about me." Hoseok says ever so dramatically, his acting skills improving.

"You know you're the only friend I've held contact with for the past 5 years. No need to worry."

I heard him sigh, sigh so dramatically and audible I could almost feel his hot breath brush against my ear to which made my skin crawl.

"Just don't mess up this time Jimin." He said in a low whisper.

"I won't." Was my mere reply.

Silence again swept over but not for a long amount of time as Hoseok sighed once again before bidding his goodbyes for now. Once the call ended and I see the call screen vanish and spring back to my contacts, I heave out a sigh this causing my mother to show some sort of care.

"What's wrong Jimin?" She asked craning her neck.

I don't respond merely shrugging my shoulders as my eyes locked with hers, the ones now filling with rage. Mother never liked my attitude as she likes to call it. I would describe it as 'a taste of your own medicine' but parents are always right. She narrowed her eyes before rubbing her teeth against one another, the horrific sound piercing my ears.

"Don't look at me like that." She growled but all I did was avert my gaze away from her.

It was a typical double take when my eyes set to the window finally seeing a building, in fact a massive amount of buildings lined up side by side behind brick walls. This is the school I thought and when my fathers missed voice spoke saying 'we're here' my thought was deemed correct. A click was heard and the motion of the car came to halt giving me the indication that the car is off and I had to get out. The building was much bigger than expected, and the walls now so close it felt as though I stood in front of a giant's home and my only desire was to leave. Bag's set beside me, I looked over at my father who expressed a smile lacking happiness before standing up straight.