Woken Up. (11)

When your brain manipulates a scenario in your mind as you lay unconscious, it's as though your inner self is quietly screaming for you to do something. A dream is what it's called, a dream can hold so much meaning, they can manage to shine a light on the subject you choose to ignore as you wonder awake. Just think of it like this, as you wonder awake, thoughts flooding your mind, you can control which of those thoughts you want to act upon, to notice. However, when you lay unconscious and unaware of what your incredible mind is going to create, those thoughts you never want to acknowledge. They come to life and in a non-literal way, they open your eyes. Painful dreams as they call 'nightmares' are an awakening to what you yourself tremble to. Those soft dreams are those that inform you of what you desire or what you appreciate. Sometimes, dreams, soft and kind to you can be painful because it can be about something you can no longer have.

I see dreams are just unspoken and unheard screams.

Coffee was never something I clung onto in hopes to wake up in comparison to other students. It was too bitter for me and no, it didn't wake me up completely. However, at this moment, I have it grasped in my hands as I stumbled towards my first class. Even though my mind was working on two hours of sleep, the somewhat conflict unfolded in my head, a tug of war of if I should go to class. This had me standing statue in place, eyes glossed over as eyelids sat heavy. I felt numb, unable to feel my body, unable to feel if my cold fingers were still clasped around the coffee to go cup. It was like you were floating, even though my eyes were open, able to see the landscape before me, my mind decided to ignore everything around me. Complete focus on that pointless argument.

Then I heard a familiar voice and it just added on to my confusion. I didn't snap out of my thoughts but instead tried to put pieces of the falling puzzle together. It was when large hands clasped my shoulders in a harsh grip that soon followed by a shake of my body, now snapping me out of my thoughts. Bringing up my hands, I rubbed the heel of my hands against my drowsy eyes, bringing them back to life, sort of. Once the harsh contact of my hands against my sensitive eyes was lost, I blinked them open, allowing the dark surrounding area to slowly fade finally letting myself to see who stood before me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Voice was filled with worry as his bright eyes searched mine, head slanted slightly and body leaned forward.

I didn't verbally present my response as I only managed to nob my head. To which I quickly learned was a bad idea. Due to the lack of sleep and lack of energy my body was radiating, my head grew heavy and dark shadows appeared, yet again, around the boarders of my visual field. The only way to calm down this rush of tiredness was to shake myself awake yet again. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to blink away the tiredness trying to envelop my body for the third time this morning. I noticed now that that coffee to go cup that was in my hand only a few minutes' back was no longer there, but what I didn't notice was my body was slowly giving out on me. The only reason I stayed standing vertical was because that same person had latched his hands around my waist and pulled me impossibly closer to him.

"Shit you look so tired Jimin."

His warmth was so nice and slowly it began to lull me to sleep. Sleep I desired for so long and my body was physically begging for. With the last bit of energy left, I reached up and grabbed fistfuls of his school uniform, nuzzling my icy nose in the conjunction of his neck. I felt his hand begin to card through my messy hair, dull nails pressing against my skin.

"Do you want to skip class?" There was a hint of humour in his voice as he spoke those words. His hold around wait tightened to which I hummed in content to.

Nodding against his neck, I heard a deep laugh rack his body before he finally pushed our bodies apart, giving me full view of his iconic smile. Finally taking notice, I noticed how his hair that usually sat flat on his head, where his fringe would cover up his forehead was now pushed back. It created a messy look, as though he himself had just dragged himself out of bed without even a glance at a nearby mirror. His uniform wasn't as presentable as it usually is. The white dress shirt was buttoned uneven, not even reaching up to the top button. His navy-blue blazer wasn't even filled with his built body as it simply sat on his shoulders that with a simple tug or gust of wind, it could be sitting on the ground below us.

Besides his hair and uniform, his face was different. With this hair now pushed back, he looked more-open, able to be read easier but also looked so alive. In comparison to when I first saw him, there was no longer dark circles under his eyes and those brown orbs weren't so fogged over. They held more life, much more happiness and personally, I could stare at those eyes all day as they gave me the energy I wished I could give myself.

I watched as his face lit up, eyes went suddenly wide and enjoyment was clearly read on his features. Mouth gaped open ever so slightly and that expression clearly screamed 'I got an idea.' Laughter built up in my chest, it warmed up my insides before that soft laugh easily filled the air. This had his expression change in an instant, eyebrows knitted together and his lips met, pressing them together.

You know when you do something without even knowing you've done it until it's done? Well when I felt my cold hand press against Taehung's warm, rosy cheek. He flinched at the touch, squinting and allowing a hiss to pass his lips before he eased into it. A smile crawled onto my face, a soft smile, lips pressed together as the end of those lips curved up. He returned that smile and it made me feel at ease.

I liked how I was when I was with him.

Then I blinked.

The warm sun was harshly pressed against my back and my fingers found their way into the warm grass that sat at a length long enough to engulf my hand. I sat cross legged, gaze searching my environment. With every inch, I searched, I picked at the fact that I was sat near a cliff, a lanky tree by my right and endless trees beside that tree. Clouds were slowly moving over head, blocking out the harsh rays of the sun every so often. Those clouds were dark clouds, those ones that burst out rain, feeding nature but at the same time, bringing a dark atmosphere.

In my confused state, I pushed myself off the grass, moving forward closer to the cliff that seemed appealing to me- for some reason. Things just got stranger, with every step the atmosphere changed. Those dark clouds ate up that blue sky, blocking out the sun and by the time I stood only steps away from that edge, it rained. Those droplets hit my skin, rolling off and leaving me soaking. Raising my hands up, I started down at the palms of my hands, confused at why they felt so numb, but once I caught a glimpse of the over-sized sleeves that engulfed my hands, my heart rate picked up. Those same hands began to tremble as the oxygen that filled my lungs was no longer enough to keep me at ease. Things only grew worse when I heard his begging voice speak my name in a soft fear full tone.

Chest heaving, I raised my gaze up to meet those begging, pain filled eyes. The heels of his feet hung off the edge and with a simple push, he would be gone.

"Tae!" I screamed, scratching the back of my throat, reaching out to grab him, to stop him- too late.

The sun peaked out from behind the buildings as the day had only begun. The dorm was quiet and dark light only from the tint of orange the sun was giving. My eyelids hung heavy, wanting nothing more than to close. I heard footsteps fill the void in the room and soon enough a presence found itself next to me.

"Ready for court?" Yoongi asked focusing on the view my eyes were locked on.

Heaving in a deep sigh, I breathed out-

"Of course."

---

A / N

pretty recent update huh?

If this is just as bad as the rest of the book, sue me. 

:?

Until next time. L.T